29. Meet me in...

(a/n: HI MY LOVELY READERS!
I am so so sorry I didn't update last week, I just moved into my new college apartment and started school! I WILL STILL BE UPDATING! If you want to follow updates @alaina.p.anderson on instagram!
Happy update!! reminder that there is flashback and that will be italicized. ENJOY!
)

JULY 15,2015

~ALAINA'S P.O.V~

"Ladies and gentlemen the Captain has turned on the fasten seat belt sign and the doors are officially closed. Please make sure your seat is up right and tray table is stowed. We will begin our departure to Seattle in a few short moments." 

Well there is officially no turning back now. I am on the flight to Seattle to surprise the boys about the job. The past few days have been a complete cluster-fuck trying to get my whole life packed up to leave again. Thankfully all the employees at the salon were super understanding in how amazing this opportunity is for me. They told me I would always have a spot back when I decided the road life wasn't for me anymore. 

Courtney's apartment lease expired last week and she was very set on never living at her horrendous apartment complex anymore. It worked out now since she moved into my place. Niall insisted that if I got hired on Modest! would have to pay me enough to cover my rent, but now Courtney is paying for half too. Everything has been really great so far, well besides the whole Harry argument but we can hopefully work things out tonight. I even got to see my parents too which was something I really needed. 

My mom has been so supporting and understanding through everything. When I went over to see my parents there was no awkward pauses or moments, they were so excited to hear all about my trip with Niall and the madness of the band. Mom was even excited about me getting to go back with them and work. 

"Well besides all that craziness with the band and bonding with Niall, you still owe me an explanation on what's going on with you and Harry" my mom says. 

I roll my eyes knowing this was a subject I wanted to avoid. "Well we have gotten to know each other really well and there is definitely some chemistry there when it comes to that side of things..."

"So are you two dating?" my dad asks. 

See this is why I hated this topic, "Not necessarily, we have gone on dates and we have spent a lot of time together but I wouldn't say we are boyfriend and girlfriend." I can see my dad nodding along trying to understand. "Dad, he's a world famous singer for one of the biggest boy bands out there. He's in the middle of a world tour and everyone is in his business, its not like he can just date normally." 

"I understand that sweetheart," he start. "But I need to know one thing, who is he to you?" 

Who is he to me? What the hell does that even mean? I take a breath and try to fully process and answer, "well, to me he is Harry. He's the sweetest and most caring person I have ever met, he goes out of his way to make sure that everyone is taken care of. He is funny and a total goofball. He makes me laugh everyday, he told me he would want to do that forever. He is passionate about his work and his music, he has a big heart. A heart that I think is  a little broken and lost, but in the past few weeks has been healing itself." 

"Well it sounds like he is very important to you." my mom states. 

"He is." I simply put. 

My dad leans forward grabbing my hands, "so what's holding you back from being with him? And don't tell me its the fame because I know that is bullshit." 

I can't help but laugh at his words. "I don't know. Part of me is scared, I mean Harry puts his all into things and I am scared I won't be able to give him what he needs. He is also very intense and can take little things and blow them up." With both my parents nodding along I continue to express feelings I haven't even told myself. "I think I am scared to be with him because, if something happens I don't think I can handle it. I know I am not the same girl I was five years ago with Jake but I'm still scared to be put in a relationship where I am scared to be open with my feelings because I don't know how he will react."