16. I Want to Write You a Song

(a/n: OMG  we  hit 1k! I started this story a little less than a month ago and I never thought it would get anywhere. I have been reading stories on here for years and I've always wanted to try some. I want to sat a big thank you to the people that inspired me to do this! 

Also... this is literally one of my favorite chapter of ALL time! I had this planned since the start of the book. So let's get on to it. 

Also...  I'm sorry that my  photo editing sucks but you get the vibes hehe

JUNE 22, 2015 

~NIALL'S P.O.V~ 

As I walked down to Liam's room I begin to feel bad for talking to Harry last night. Of course I wanted to protect Alaina and I thought that if they kissed then things would be more real but I can already tell she really likes him. 

"Hey Nialler!" Louis says as I walk into the room. 

"Y'alright boys?" I ask. 

Louis is sitting in the chair by the table while Harry and Liam sat on the couch. I make my way over and sit right in the middle of them two throwing my legs over Harry's lap. 

"Dude, there are so many other places to sit. And you had to pick my lap?" Harry groans. 

I laugh, "Oh you know you love it." He pushed me off him and made his way over to the floor by the window. 

"Where's your sister?"Liam asks. 

"Oh she's on her way!" I tell him. I look over and see Louis scribbling in his journal. "Is that a potential new song?" 

He looks up to me, "Actually just more of an idea. Do you remember that little intro you wrote a few weeks back, but we couldn't figure out anything else?" 

"Umm.. maybe?" I tell him unsure to which specific song he was referring to. 

He grabs the guitar and plays the familiar notes. "Oh yes! What about that one?"

"Well I remember your verse but I thought maybe we could write it as a song to the fans" Louis says. 

Liam speaks up, "We know that the future is not set right now and I think this could be a great little goodbye song." 

"Not that it's a final goodbye but just an appreciation." Harry adds. 

knock. knock. 

"I think that's Alaina, is it okay if shes here for this?" I ask the boys. After they all nod I make my way over and open the door. 

She looks a lot better now, shes in a light pink sweater, some leggings and tennis shoes. Her wet hair pulled back with a few pieces hanging loose. "Hello big sis, looking much better" I tell her. 

Alaina rolls her eyes and she pushes past me. As she makes her way over I see Liam has moved to the floor next to Harry allowing Alaina and to sit on the couch. 

"So boys, what are we working on?" her cheery voice says. 

I can see Harry not looking at her, oh shit. I hope it doesn't get awkward. 

"We are working on a song." Louis says after a few seconds of silence. 

Alaina's face lights up. "Ooohh! Can I hear???" 

"Well it's not FINISHED but sure." I tell her. 

I look to Louis. "So I'll sing my first bit and then you sing what you wrote?" 

I pick up the guitar and place it on my knee. A strum the familiar tune. 

"I want to write you a song
One that's beautiful as you are sweet
With just a hint of pain
For the feeling that I get when you are gone
I want to write you a song
" I sing.