Chapter 7: Why are you so nice?

(Trigger Warning - Mentions of Self Harm and use of homophobic slurs)

(Adora)

A loud thud broke the slumber that Adora had been deeply invested in. Shocked awake, she almost threw herself out of bed.

"What was that?" The tall blond yelled while she looked around. Eyes perfectly adjusted to the dark room. She saw Catra standing near the newly flipped over couch.

"Ahh what the hell?" Bow yelled out from his new position under the couch, lying against the floor.

"Get the fuck out of my bed." Catra said forcefully yet almost seeming careless.

"Catra you can't just attack people in their sleep!" Adora said, standing from her bed and walking over to help Bow off of the ground.

"I can do whatever the fuck I want." The feline said, slightly stumbling back. Was she drunk? Adora helped the boy stand up and the pair looked over to Glimmer who was sitting up in bed now rubbing her eyes.

"What's going on?" the pink haired girl said, still groggy and rubbing her eyes.

"Adora, why is this preppy asshole laying on my stuff." The Neko said, gesturing lazily to the mess that now laid in front of them.

"It's called a sleepover bitch, not that you'd know. I doubt anyone can tolerate this long enough to be friends with you." Glimmer said now standing up and making her way towards her friends.

"Ohh and who's queen sparkles over there?" Catra pointed directly at the pink haired girl before continuing to speak.

"She your girlfriend or something Adora?" Catra's voice sounded fierce this time. Still a little sloppy from the drunkenness but there was definitely force behind her words now.

"What? No, she's my best friend Catra." Adora said, starting to be confused before continuing.

"Why does that matter?" Adora spoke, noticing catra grimace at her words this time.

"It doesn't! She just looks like a dike." Catra said, looking embarrassed.

"Whatever. Fuck you, fuck her, and fuck this idiot." The feline said gesturing to the trio in front of her before bolting towards the stairs. Adora went to stop her but was only able to witness as the Feline girl misstepped in her drunken state and plummeted down the staircase. It happened almost in slow motion for Adora, she rushed down the stairs to her foster sister.

Catra had already tried to stand up when Adora had gotten to her but the girl grimaced before gripping her ankle and falling back onto the floor.

"Fuck!" Catra yelled out as she cupped her injured leg in her arms.

"Hey hey, relax. Let me look at it" Adora said kneeling down to be eye level with Catra.

"No, get the fuck way from me!" The feline yelled before swinging her hand out towards the blond. Are her claws out? Adora dove back to avoid being cut before jumping forward and cupping the girls body in her arms. She restrained Catra's arms by wrapping her in a solid bear hug.

"Please calm down. Let me take a look at it." Adora whispered calmly into Catra's ear, watching it twitch at the feeling of her breath. Adora could feel her feline sister breathing deeply into her neck. This sent shivers down the blond girl's spine, her heart was racing.

"Adora... my arms hurt really bad too.. Please let them go." Catra whispered softly into Adora's neck. The blond girl released her hug in exchange for gently cupping Catra's cheek in her hand.