Prologue

The room is dark except for the moonlight coming in from the curtained window- its occasional flutter rippling the silence.

Everything is still inside the room, even the dark figure standing beside the wardrobe. His glowing silver eyes tracing the outline of the figure soundly sleeping on the bed. Just like every night, he is observing his beautiful flower.

Dark tresses covering the pillow.

Eyes moving inside closed eyelids, indicating an ongoing dream.

Slightly parted plump lips.

Slender neck, with that beautifully pulsating vein.

Slow rise and fall of the chest, with each breath.

All of this is so alluring to him, calling out for him to touch and feel.
Feel all of it, that is so beautiful and so...alive. Everything that he is not. But he never dares to approach, scared that his touch might wither this precious flower.

The figure on the bed stirs and turns on her side facing the window. With a slight inhale, he closes his eyes, cherishing the alluring scent of his flower.

He has been doing this for the last twenty years- since the day he found her as a baby. Watching over as she grew up from a baby to a beautiful girl; a bundle of joy and sunshine. Unlike him, who personifies everything dark and gloom.

Suddenly, her eyelids flutter and open. Sitting up with a start, she turns on the lamp and darting her eyes across the room, she combs her hand through the tresses with a sigh.

"That dream again."

Falling back on the bed, she turns her head to the side and notices a delicate dandelion flower resting beside her pillow. She jolts up and picking the flower, she rushes to the window.

"Who are you?!" She whispers into the night.

Those silver eyes are still watching from a distance. Hearing that whispered question, he releases a sigh and whispers back dejectedly, "Sleep well...my Dandelion."

With that, he finally disappears into the darkness.