☾-Taking Flight Ch6 Pt1-☽

Y/n- your name
L/n- last name
(Ln/n)- Lance's nickname for you
(Pn/n)- Pidge's nickname for you
(H/c)- hair color
(E/c)- eye color

(A/n: Art by me, Not requested)

𝚁𝚎𝚚𝚞𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚂𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝙷𝚎𝚛𝚎

꧁—E̺͆n̺͆j̺͆o̺͆y̺͆—꧂

Narrator POV

It's a new day, it's a new start for our paladins.

Everyone was currently waiting for Lance and y/n to just fall out of the healing pods, good as new.

Allura was surprised that the short (h/c)ette healed quicker than Lance, even though he took the most damage and was put in the pods last. She shook it away, however.
It might be a human thing she doesn't and won't understand.

"I can't tell if they look healthy or not," Hunk said worriedly as he looked back and forth between his two friends.

"I think they're breathing weirdly," Pidge commented as he pressed his face up against the pod Lance was in, then did the same with y/n's.

"Oh come on," Keith said as he tried to poke the pod y/n was in.

Allura pushed Keith's hand away, "Not yet! A few more ticks," she announced.

Keith raised an eyebrow, "How much better do you think they're gonna get in a few more ticks?"

Pidge removed his face from the pod and turned to Allura, "And what exactly is a tick?" he questioned.

"You know, a time slice," Allura tried to explain.

"Like a second?" Shiro asked, while standing near y/n's pod.

"What's a 'second'?"

Pidge pulled out his 'phone-like' device, "Like this."

Allura crouched down to Pidge's and watched the timer count in seconds.

"I'm not sure. I think ticks are bigger," the Princess stated, "Coran, do you have a ticker?"

Coran, who was watching y/n and making sure the pod was healing him correctly, turned to Allura and held out a device.

"Right here, Princess," Coran said.

Everyone crowded around Coran, "I think ticks are a little slower," Hunk said as he watched the ticks.

Pidge looked back and forth between his 'phone' and the ticker, "I can't tell. We have to start them at the same time," Pidge said.

Coran and Pidge put the devices next to each other, "Okay. Ready, go!" Coran said.

And both of the devices counted.

"Yes! I think we're winning," Hunk cheered.

The two pods behind them opened and Lance wobbled to the right as y/n tried to stand straight up, giggling to himself silently.

"Winning what? The intergalactic time-measuring competition," Keith questioned.

Lance wobbled to the left bumping into a giggling (h/c)ette.

"Yes," Hunk said sternly.

The group watched the devices tick or beep.

Lance came up the group, tired. Y/n held onto Lance's arm to help him from not falling, while still giggling a bit.

"What's this party about?" Y/n said jokingly with a smile, catching the other attention.

"Are you guys having a clock party?" Lance questioned, leaning on one side because of the (h/c)ette.