Chapter 1

This story is written together with a friend of mine. @MyInSomniaWonderland on asianfanfics.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

M: for violence

Coexistence. What a strange concept, Minji thought as she walked in an empty street in the middle of the night. How do you coexist with someone when that someone doesn't even know you exist? Humans think that they are the only race that roam this place, when vampires, just like Minji, walked among them. Vampires have existed for a really long time but yet no one really knew about them. The humans that did know, were hunters who made it their goal to hunt the aggressive ones down.

That's something about vampires that you wouldn't get. In every story they are portrayed as terrible monsters out for blood but in reality, that often wasn't the case. There were two clans of vampires, one more ruthless than the other.

The moonlight clan; a clan of vampires who lived of the blood of animals, and were passive against humans. They just wanted to peacefully coexist with them without revealing who they actually were.

And then you had the nightshade clan, a clan of brutal vampires who searched for prey in the middle on the night to feast upon. They often drank from their victim until they were dead, or barely alive. They were the ones the hunters wanted to banish from this world.

There was a third clan but humans weren't aware of its existence. It was a really ancient one called the phantom clan. Well...calling it 'clan' was probably ridiculous since it was currently composed of just 3 people...or two and a half to be precise.

Kim Minji and Lee Siyeon were two of those ancient race vampires, the only ones that exist for the moment. They derived from an extinct race that was brutally murdered in the past. Siyeon has a sister called Lee Gahyeon who is a half vampire which meant she didn't need blood to survive.

Minji walked back home when Gahyeon and Siyeon were already sleeping. People have weird ideas about vampires. They think vampires don't need to sleep, that they can't go out in the sun and that they, for some weird reasons, lay down in coffins even if sleep isn't necessary. That thought made Minji chuckle as she opened the door of Gahyeon's room to check on the 'little one' just to find her cutely snoring in her normal bed. She quietly went over to her to give a kiss on her forehead before leaving the room again and going to the one she shared with Siyeon.

When she opened the door there she found Siyeon changing but it's not like she hadn't seen that before.

"You just can't knock, can you?" Siyeon said annoyed and Minji just rolled her eyes and dropped herself on her bed "Where were you anyway?" the younger girl asked looking at her putting on her pajamas.

"Checking the neighborhood. The hunters will be on our asses soon enough. The nightshade clan killed two people again" Minji sighed.

"Ugh, I hate them! Why do they have to kill, that's not what we stand for..." Siyeon sighed; finishing with her buttons and joining Minji on the bed.

"It's always been a tradition in their clan, they never should've moved up in power" Minji responded turning to her friend.

"Just be safe okay, Minji?" the younger girl spoke in a worried voice.

"I will, don't worry. But I need to go out and check the situation from time to time. Gahyeon will start college tomorrow and I need to be sure to know what happens out there, right?" Minji asked turning towards Siyeon and the younger girl sighed.

"Why does she want to go to college anyway? She never mentioned that before...why this year she wants to go? We can't know if it's safe" Siyeon protested and Minji just smiled