CHAPTER 12: THE RISE OF THE EVIL

Start from the beginning

"Is what Dark Shadow said earlier true?"

I closed my eyes for a moment then nodded.

"Unnie ... C- can you tell me why and how? Why the dark lord wants to get me?"

At that moment I was unable to answer. The others just stared at me. I do not know how I will answer her question.

"You can do it! You need to answer her"

Hyewon told me in my mind.

"But I can't,"

I said to her.

"I'll explain it."

I was surprised when Chaewon suddenly spoke and stood up. We all looked at her. I know Chaewon doesn't want to talk about it because it hurts her so much.

"Do you remember what Master Alaric told us earlier ... About ... my mother."

I saw Chaewon hold back her tears. Wonyoung just stared at her while her tears were flowing.

"O...neiric Portal gave her life in exchange for her fate. My M...other's power and life are because of the portal."

I could not hold back my tears as Chaewon uttered that.

"T-there was a P-prophecy, There is a child who will be the key to end the chaos between the Dark shadows and our race, but in exchange...... for the death of my..... mother. T...he reason why my mother sacrifices her life and died is because of that child. So that the child can fulfill the prophecy."

She looked at us.

"My mother said, that child's life is more important than hers."

She then paused and looked at wonyoung and smile while tears in her eyes are still flowing.

"Did you know that child inherits my mother's magic."

"Chaewon .. please"

I looked at Chaewon

"Don't?"

I said

"Wonyoung needs to know this Unnie,"

Yena spoke to my mind. I looked again at Chaewon who was now looking down and crying.

"B..ut she's too young for this!"

"Yena is right, she needs to know it in order for us to protect her more."

Sakura holds my hand. I just looked at them.

"Guess who got my mother's power"

"U-unnie, C-can you ... tell me what's your mother's magic?"

Wonyoung stood up and faced Chaewon who could no longer speak

"M ... ind reading .... and Enhanced ... Sense .."

When Minju said those words Wonyoung suddenly knelt down and cry. Every one of us is crying.

"So... it's .... me ..."