Blab

Demi

Nick had a few more days of taping his show, then he was done for a few months. They taped one episode so they could have clips for promos. The taping for the other shows would start in the summer, sometime, hopefully after the baby was born. The Kingdom producers knew he had a baby on the way, so they were prepared to stop taping if need be. I was grateful they were so understanding because I wanted Nick to be there every step of the way. I was glad he had some time off before the baby was due so we could get the house ready & go to classes as well as just spend time together before we were full time parents.

Giuliana Rancic had called Phil & they had set up an interview one afternoon. They were kind enough to come to our house & do it, so I felt more comfortable. Giuliana remembered the interview I had done with her before & she knew how appreciative I was that we had done it at my place.

Once the interview got underway with some small talk, Giuliana asked the first real question. "So, how are you guys going to handle being parents with your busy careers?"

Nick was sitting beside me, his arm on the back of the couch. "Demi & I make a pretty great team, so I think we're going to handle it together. No matter what we'll be together. It's gonna be tough, we know that, but we both have amazing family & friends that we can get advice from so we'll be good."

"Well, what about touring? Or when you're filming your tv show?" Giuliana asked, looking at both me & Nick. I glanced at Nick who looked nervous, but I wasn't sure why.

"We'll figure it out." Nick answered, quickly, before I had the chance to even open my mouth. "We will take the baby with us whenever we can & we will make sure we don't spend too much time apart." Nick added, smiling.

Giuliana asked some questions about how we got together & we answered them, practicing the story we had concocted a while ago. Then Giuliana asked us if we had plans to get married & I swallowed, looking at Nick. He pressed his lips together & lifted his eyebrows once. "Well, we don't want to get married just because I'm pregnant." I said. Nick reached for my hand & I smiled at him. "We're just going to enjoy our baby for a while & maybe one day we'll legally bind ourselves to each other." I chuckled.

"Yea, we know we're young & we have plenty of time to get married. The baby wasn't planned but it certainly is loved. We're going to be a family regardless if we're married or not." Nick added & I pressed my lips together & nodded, slightly. I had said, "True" because it was, but his answer had me a little concerned. It was like he was suggesting we may never get married & I wasn't sure how to feel about that. Maybe I was just being paranoid.

Giuliana asked a few other questions about our future plans, then she looked at Nick. "It was just announced today that you're taking over as special guest on the Iggy Azalea tour in April & May, Nick. Demi will be too far along to join you, so how will you deal with the separation?" I saw Giuliana looking at me, but I couldn't move. I was holding my breath as I blinked, trying not to look like I was surprised by this news. I looked at Nick, who was watching me, nervously. He cleared his throat & looked at Giuliana.

"Well, I will try to fly home every chance I get. It's a great opportunity, one I couldn't pass up & I think Demi understood that. She's very supportive of me & my career just as I am of hers. That's why we are perfect for each other. We get that about each other." Nick looked at me again & smiled, but I could see the fear in his eyes. He knew I was upset. I kept the fake smile on my face & felt Nick squeeze my hand. I squeezed his hand back, but a little harder than he had squeezed mine & I may have dug my nail into his skin. I smiled for real when I saw him flinch.