17 ⊱ Carefully Kept

CAREFULLY KEPT

"Eleanor! Don't!" said Louis covering my eyes with his own hands. 

"But I'll fall, Lou!" 

"No, you won't. You have this handosme gentleman to grab you."

He kissed my head and pulled me closer to his body. My back was against against his chest and I could sense his perfume. His hands ocasionally left my eyes to caresses my face and shivers immediately invaded my body. 

As I could, I managed to go upstairs with Louis guiding me to our flat. Our little piece of heaven on Earth, well, in Greece which was more or less the same.  Choosing that place to stay for our short holidays was definitely Louis's best decision. 

"Okay, hold on", I heard Louis opening the door and going inside and I panicked.

"Wait! Are you leaving me here alone?" 

 "It's just a minute. Don't dare to look, love!" He shouted from upstairs. 

So there I was, standing outside our flat in the dark waiting for whatever was Louis had prepared to me with my eyes closed. I was still wet because of our crazy yet lovely night playing as children in the beach. 

"Ready?" Lou occupied his place behind me and covered my eyes again. 

"Do I have another option?"

"No, c'mon!" he chuckled in my ear.

Trying not to fall, we reached our bedroom. I could tell the window was open because there was a warm breeze messing with my hair. 

"Surprise," Louis whispered in my ear pulling his hands out of my face. 

I opened my eyes and the scenario seemed to be taken from a film. The smell of the ocean coming from outside, a soft light from the bedside table and our bed full of presents made me turn and kiss him with all my strenght. He hugged me and lifted me in the air making me straddle his waist so I could hug him. Without breaking our kiss, we crossed the short distance that separated us from our bed and he leaned to let me sit on the bed.

"Louis, what's all this? You know I don't like you spending your money on me."

"For once, El, don't complain and enjoy them," he said smiling sitting down on the bed next to me. 

"Fine," I sighed and giggled. 

I stood up and observed all the bags and boxes and for some strange reason, a feeling maybe, my hand took a tiny black box, the smallest one. Louis opened his eyes and he quickly stood up and hugged me from behind again.

"You were supposed to open that at the end but it's okay. Go ahead," he told me resting his head on my shoulder and squeezing my hips.

Very carefully I opened it and it was definitely a surprise because almost automatically I had tears falling down my face. Maybe Greece was making me emotional. I tried to grab the small objects inside but my hand was shacking. 

"Let me," he told me turning me to face him. "Eleanor, this is for you."

I swear I tried to say something,  to calm my breath and most of all, I tried not to cry but I failed. Inside the box there were two beautiful keys... two house keys.

Louis handed me one and kept the other one in his hand while I looked at them for a while trying to assimilate what was going on. He was giving me the key of our future home.

 He was giving me the key of our future home

"This is something symbolic, of course. We have to find our own house first." he pressed his lips as if he was embarrased.

"Symbolic or not, it's perfect... as you." I hugged him and kissed him on his cheek.

"No, perfection does not exist but I'm sure living with you will be the closest thing." 

His hands softly grabbed my face and he pressed his lips to mine as we both held the keys in our hands. We remained like that, in our deep hug enjoying that quiet time that life was giving us which, to be honest, weren't many in our relationship. 

"Eleanor, babe, you know that key is not only our future home key, right?" he asked me smirking.

"What do you mean?" I moved my head a bit and looked him in the eyes a bit confused. 

"That's the key of my heart too. I want you to own my heart, my love... I'm all yours, Eleanor." he whispered an his eyes got glossy in just a second.

And with those kind words he gave me his own key; now both of them in my hand, carefully kept. 

**********************************************

        Okay, feel free to hate me because this chapter is horrible and awfully short but I still hope you liked it. There will be some drama coming soon ;)

Please vote and comment and don't forget to check Hospital Beds, my other Elounor fanfic ♥

Love you Xx