23 ⊱ Five Years

FIVE YEARS

"C'mon, El. Just open it!" Louis begged me for the hundred time, bouncing like a child all around the hotel room. He was in the middle of a tour with the boys and I had joined them, once more.

"But you shouldn't have bothered, really."

"Why do we always have this conversation whenever I get you an anniversary present?" He sighed and looked at me impatiently. For some strange reason her was very anxious, more than usual, waiting for me to open the small red box in my hands.

"Fine." I sighed knowing I had lost that battle.

So very slowly, just to tease him, I opened the tiny box and I was in fact surprised. There was a piece of paper inside, a very familiar one to me. I took it in my hands and analysed it carefully, recognizing it immediately.

It was an old drawing of mine, some sort of draft. The previous summer I had felt like exploring the designing world and after a lot of hesitation, I had decided to give myself a chance to start designing some clothes.

The paper in my hands was one of my favourite drawings, a sketch of a short summer dress. Luclkily, Lottie and Fizzy had helped me create it, at least in paper.

"What's this?" I asked very confused. "Why are you giving me something that is, well, mine?"

"Well," he paused walking to my side and sitting down in the bed next to me, "let's say that very soon many women will own it too." He winked at me with that playful smirk of his.

No exaggeration here, but I could actually feel my blood getting cold and my hands beginning to tremble.

"Oh, you didn't..." I murmured looking at Louis straight in the eyes.

"I did, indeed. I talked to this famous designer who has stores in London and in the most famous capitals all around the world. I showed him your creations and the man just adored them all! He actually begged me to let him use them, giving you credit of course."

"Louis, you must be lying. How much did you pay that man?" There was no other logic explanation in my mind.

But I got no answer from him. Instead, he simply burst out laughing, held my face tight and kissed me in the lips. One of those kisses he gives me to give me confidence. "I love your theories, babe. But, fortunately, this is not the case. This designer and his team honestly wants to sell your designs. Now, the question is, do you want him to?"

I looked back at the paper in my hands, trying to assimilate what Lou had done. At this point, the ideas for anniversary presents were running out and we had to appeal to our imagination. And this one was definitely one of the best ones.

 A moment later my eyes met his and I nodded, slowly. "Of course I want to." I whispered. "OF COURSE I WANT TO!" I yelled at the top of my lungs and jumped in his arms, straddling him and kissing him one more time.

"YES! MY GIRL IS GOING TO BE THE BEST ONE!!" He yelled too and hugged me by the waist, bringing me closer to his chest so he could kiss me again. "Let's call him now to give him the news."

"Mmm... better later, when it's not 4am in London, okay?"

"Oh, right. I even forgot we were in Australia."

After a long moment hugging and kissing, he let me go and I got up and walked towards the window. The sound of the ocean echoed in my ears and for a few seconds I got lost in the landscape. But suddenly, Louis touch brought me back to reality. He stood behind me and hugged me by the waist, kissing my neck and all the way to the top of my head.

"Did you ever imagine this?" He asked me leaning his chin in my shoulder and pressing his cheek to mine.

"Getting into the fashion industry?"

"No."

I broke our embrace and turned to face him. Then, I obviously embraced him again with my head resting on his chest. My hands were around his neck and his were still around my waist. Our eyes were looking at the horizon. It was one of those moments you'd call magical.

"What do you mean, then?" I asked him.

"Did you ever thought we would be together this long? I mean, five years is a lot at our age. Isn't it?"

I didn't answer immediately. My mind was busy trying to remember all what had happened in those five years. He was actually right. Five years was a lot.

"No, Louis. I didn't imagine we'd be together for this much. I wished for it."

He giggled and looked for my lips to kiss me. We shared one of the best kisses we've ever had. I'd loved it was endless, but he stopped it to look at me and whispered,

"Happy fifth anniversary, love of my life."

*****************************************

Well, as I've been saying this fanfic is coming to an end so I decided to post this short and sweet Elounor moment to make us all happy.

Please, vote and comment! 

Love you xx

A-