9 ⊱ Fly Away

CHAPTER IX

"Fly Away"

Some people think they are always right. Some people think they are always wrong. And then, there is me. I am always over thinking and struggling with my inner thoughts. The main problem is that I never arrive to a conclusion or a solution, I just immerse myself in an endless cycle of analysing my problems. And for the first time in my life, I understood how grave that can be.

Since the episode at home which made me look like a bitch, thanks to Ian, I had been contemplating the idea of facing Louis. The thing was, as soon as I decided to do it, I immediately regretted my decision. I was completely scared about him telling me to break up.

I was not ready to let him go. I was not going to let him go.

It had been eleven days since the last time I heard Louis' voice on the phone. I texted him a few times but I got no answer, of course. At first I believed I deserved that, but then I realized that treatment was unfair since I never had the chance to explain myself.

At the end, I think nobody is perfect, not even my boyfriend. Louis had decided to avoid me. AGAIN. He had preferred to run away from our problems. That was him, always leaving the worst for last.

-

On Saturday, Lou Teasdale and I were at a photo session. A friend of her was promoting a new clothing brand and Lou was supposed to help her. Knowing I was about to declared myself depressed, Lou had called me the day before to invite me over. Once the session finished, which I was unable to enjoy, both of us left the place and walked downtown.

None of us were worried about fans' invasions or reporters surrounding us. The boys were at a live interview so we just assumed everybody would be at home watching them. The streets were empty, what made London look quite strange.

"Listen, I'm going to be honest with you, he did not seem happy this morning," Lou told me out of nowhere.

"This morning? You were with Louis this morning?" I asked her almost shouting.

"Well, yeah. Who do you think that arranges their hair for interviews?"

"It makes sense. I'm sorry, I'm paranoid. I'm pretty sure he decided to move on without me and it makes me feel horrible."

"I understand you, El. But honestly, nobody had the courage to ask him about you two."

"I guess I prefer that. I wouldn't like the boys to think about me as a heartless person."

"You know you don't have to worry about that. The boys adore you and they won't take part in your fights."

"The irony is that there is no fight. Louis is just ignoring me and I feel like the most stupid girl on Earth."

"Stop it, El. He must be hurt, that's all. He'll realize he is acting wrong and he'll talk to you." She was not looking at me while saying that, so I was not sure she actually believed that.

We continued walking and chatting, having a special time together. Lou is like the sister I never had and her company always gets me in a good mood.

We were busy looking at a shop window when somebody grabbed my hand. I turned to see a little girl standing next to me. I just looked around looking for her parents but apparently she was alone.

"I know who you are. You are Eleanor Calder." Her voice and her face indicated she was around 9 or 10 years old.

"Oh! Well, yeah. Nice to meet you..."