15 ⊱ Moonlight

MOONLIGHT

LOUIS' POV

The first thing we noticed when we got off the plane was the difference in the weather. We had left the gray and rainy days in our lovely England and now a warm wind and a bright sun were welcoming us.

Eleanor was still asleep when we landed so she got off the plane a little bit dizzy. She held my arm and we went inside the fancy building to look for our luggage.

It was a short distance between the entrance and the plane so we walked slowly looking everything around us.

"Louis, this is my paradise" Eleanor had taken off her sunglasses and was admiring the beauty of the place still holding my arm.

"I know, we should come here more often," I said and although it was incredibly hot I did not want to let her hand go.

I had spent the whole flight thinking how lucky I was to have a girlfriend like Eleanor. If I was sure about something, was that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her, in England, Greece or wherever life would take us.

As soon as we found our luggage a woman came to us to greet us.

"Hello, welcome to Greece," she said smiling and handing us a few brochures "Are you in your honeymoon?"

That question surprised us and none of us knew what to say. El just smiled as she turned to me.

"Emm, no, just holidays," I answered a little bit uncomfortable.

"Oops! My bad. I'm so sorry. Anyway, enjoy your stay in Greece!" and with that she turned to greet the family standing behind us.

We went then to the parking lot where a rented car was already waiting for us. It was an awkward silence until we got into the car. 

ELEANOR'S POV

Louis started the car and programmed the GPS.

"Well, I didn't see that coming," he said with a nervous voice and faking a smile.

"Yeah, I can tell," I giggled.

We had been together for two years and our closest friends and relatives had started to ask us if we would ever make it "formal". To be honest, neither Lou nor I had considered that idea. We were fine as we were, so why would we change that by getting married?

"El, do you realize that our anniversary is in four days?" he asked me with a conceited smirk.

"What? No, that's impossible." For the first time in our relationship one of us forgot our anniversary and guess what, it was me. I counted the days and he was right, we were four days away from our three years anniversary.

"Honey, did you plan this trip because of this special date, didn't you?"

"Guilty," he said laughing and holding my hand to plant a kiss on it.

"You're adorable, Tommo."

I lay on his side and kissed him on the cheek, not wanting to distract him while he was driving. 

In our way to our private house we got amazed by the beautiful landscape. The house was located in the cliffs facing the sea and there were not many houses near so we assumed we would enjoy a peaceful time and privacy. 

It turned out that the small house was in fact a small mansion. Inside, the things were arranged for our arrival.

"So, what do you think?" Lou asked me hugging me from behind.

"All I know right now is that I love you, Lou."

"I never get tired of hearing that," he said and kissed my head.

One or two hours later our belongings were accommodated and we were ready to go out. We had taken a bath and I was combing my hair when Lou called me.

"Babe, come here, quick!"

As fast as I could, I finished with my hair and met Lou in our bedroom.

"What is it?" I said standing next to him.

"You have to see this. Are you ready?"

"I guess so..."

"I'll take that as a yes," he giggled.

In a second, he opened the glass doors that led to the bedroom balcony. What we saw left us speechless. 

In front of us was the most amazing view I had ever seen. It was dark since it was 9pm already. Our balcony faced the sea and the cliffs. We saw the city illuminated at our feet, some small ships sailing and a giant moon above us. There was a warm breeze that brought the sea smell and played with my hair.

"This is wonderful, perfection actually exists," I whispered to my boyfriend, afraid of breaking the peace around us.

"That's so ironic," he said fixing his gaze on me.

I turned to him with confusion.

"I mean," he explained, "you say perfection exists but you haven't realized it has always been with you."

"I don't get you."

"You, Eleanor Jane Calder, are pure perfection."

Call me emotional but with those words my eyes were full of tears and my body was asking me, demanding me, to get close to him. I crossed the few steps that separated us and hugged him, placing my arms around his neck and resting my head on his chest. 

Louis placed one hand in my low back as the other one caressed my hair. We remained like that for a while until he changed his position to face me. His eyes were blue as the sea in the morning and deep as well. Having him by my side was all I needed to feel complete, to be happy. 

He took a long breath and broke the silence: 

"It's incredible that we had to travel around the world for you to realize how amazing you are, El."

"I don't want to be amazing or perfect; I just need to be good enough to make you happy. Your happiness, Louis, is my main reason to live."

"Well, your love, Eleanor, is my main reason to exist."

He grabbed my face gently, pulled me closer and kissed me on the lips. It was a soft kiss at first but it became more passionate as seconds went by. 

I could feel one of his hands moving towards my back to unbutton my dress. We were having difficulties to breath but none of us broke our kiss. We were getting intense until Louis whispered in my ear...

"Do you want to skip dinner?"

"Yeah." I barely managed to say.

And my answer was enough. He lifted me in his arms, kissed me again and we entered the bedroom. He gently placed me on the bed and turned to turn off the lights. 

So that is how our first night in Greece went by,  just Louis and I celebrating our love under the moonlight. 

**************************************************

Aren't they cute?! 

Please vote and comment ♥