18 ⊱ Life Partner

LIFE PARTNER

Louis's POV

        Our last day in Greece was a roller coaster. I woke up extremely exhausted because we had had a wild night, if you know what I mean. So, happily exhausted to be more precise. But to my surprise, the other side of the bed was empty. The bathroom door was open so El was not in the bedroom. I quickly got up and tried to walk without falling since my eyes were still getting used to the sun light. I checked every room and corner of the house but there was no sign of my girlfriend. 

        I immediately panicked and that's never good because, I admit it, anxious Louis is the worst. Back in the bedroom, I changed my clothes and when I was about to go downstairs I saw a tiny pink note in the mirror. 

"You made me live an unforgettable night, I'll give you a wonderful morning... meet me at the beach. Love you, El xx."

        It took me around five or six seconds and I was already running outside the house and towards the private beach. I realized I'd left my phone at the house but that was not a reason to go back. My feet were moving faster than my brain. 

        In a blink, I got to the beach entrance and, as I expected, there was nobody around; just a pink note from my girlfriend saying where to find her. 

        I took my Vans off and started to walk in the sand looking everywhere around me until I spotted her. Far in the distance, El was sitting there with her back to me looking at the waves. The warm breeze was playing with her hair and her tanned skin was shinning under the sun. 

        I threw my shoes away and, slower this time, I crossed the distance between us. She looked so beautiful yet so fragile that I didn't want her to even move. She was like a Greek goddess wearing that dress for me, making my heart stop.

        After all our time together I'd learnt that's what El makes to me, she paralizes me and makes me believe that I'm not enough for her. Maybe it's true. 

"El," I said smiling and she slowly turned to me.

"I was wondering why you were still standing there." 

        I sat in the sand next to her and slowly and carefully touched her shoulder. Her eyes followed my hand and I could tell she was confused. 

"What are you doing Lou? I won't bite you."

"You did last night..."

        And that's when I broke the magic and romance. We burst out laughing at my comment and she hugged me, resting her head on my chest.

        We remained like that for a while and then she stood up and took my hand.

"Hungry?" she asked me as she turned to lead the way to the small bar in the beach. 

        There was no one there so El got in the back of the kitchen and started to make breakfast for us. I sat in the table looking at her. I was truly hypnotized. 

        In twenty minutes or more, she appeared and sat beside me with a plate full of food. We were eating and chatting, sharing some kisses in the middle. 

"Can I tell you something? While you were preparing breakfast back there, I was picturing our future together. You'll be the best wife and partner ever, you know?"

"That's why I arranged all this, Lou," and her sassy smilereplaced her cute one. 

"Eleanor, don't play with my heart, tell me what you did!" 

        She turned to me and grabbed my hand, not without putting a piece of chocolate cake in my mouth before. 

"After your proposal of living together and what we lived last night, I felt I was giving you nothing back." she explained to me. 

"Honey, don't ever say that again. You're giving me your love and that's the best thing you could offer me." 

"And if I tell you that I changed my entire class schedule just to spend more time together in our future home?" 

        And those words hit me strongly. She was changing her routine and her studies only to be there for me when I was not on tour. Any person who knows Eleanor knows university is her main goal in life, yet here she was, telling me had changed everything just for me, for us.

        My mind tried to process how lucky I was to have her but I don't think I'll ever really understand. 

        I grabbed her by her waist and pulled her closer to me, pressing my lips against hers. At least there was something we both were sure about, our bodies connected were better than words.

        By the end of the day, I finally realized that I didn't want Eleanor to become the perfect wife for me. no. And why? 

       Because she already was the perfect life partner for me. 

***************************************
Wow! Rewriting this story has made me realized how much I loved cheesy scenes back then haha

Anyway, I hope you're enjoying it ♥

Please, vote and comment! 

P.S.: Do you like the dress from the pic? I'm obsessed with it ♥

Love you

Agustina Xx