"Mum do you like daddy still?"

"I've always loved your father and yes I still do love him".

"Do you think you might get together with him again?"

"Would you have a problem with it if I do?"

"I just want my dad happy", Irene looks at Debbie and smile.

"I'm truly sorry that I never took the time when you were growing up to see just what a wonderful person you truly are".

"Well lucky for you you've been given another chance to see it and daddy is still very angry with you".

"He's trying his best to forgive me but it will take time I did hurt him and you quite badly. There's still that spark between us and if there's just an ounce of a chance we can work things out I want it to happen. I'm going to ask him over for dinner one night".

"Give him time to deal with his emotions you did want to get rid of his child after all".

"I was wrong for thinking about it and wrong to bring money into it. I cheated on your father with just one man. I'm not proud of it and can't ever excuse my terrible past behaviour. So I won't except to say I'm sorry and I will tell you why I left Denmark with you. I was only nineteen when you were born your father was just twenty. It was too much for me being here with a new baby and being a princess while the people didn't know about me. Add to that being in a country where I had family but couldn't even acknowledge them publicly", Irene laughs bitterly. "Its funny everyone thinks you're half American when you're fully Danish since I was born here".

"The circumstances for you wasn't great but your choices were your own to make like cheating on daddy".

"I literally just kiss one guys after we were married not have sex with them and yes I cheated before the marriage. I was wrong to do that".

"Tell that to daddy".

"I will I know there's still a big hurdle I need to climb, I'm 43 I would very much like to have another child if possible".

"With daddy."

"If he will have me yes I wasn't ready all those years ago for a life as a royal. I'm now, at my age I don't want to date for five years then get engaged for two. If your dad and I sort our differences out and start dating again and he asked me to marry him six months from now I would".

"You came back to Denmark to get daddy back".

"I came back for my family including you. You know Anette never liked me I thought it was because she liked Alexsander but it turns out it's because she's was a big fat racist. It's a shame she behaved the way she did with Victoria. I hope Victoria's success in the future shows Anette she was the weak one not her like I had to realise with you".

"I'm feeling a little tired let's go back inside."

"Of course dear".

They put the twins back into their buggy and the nanny heads inside with them Debbie looks to her right and sees her father standing there.

"Hey daddy how long have you been standing there?"

"About 10 minutes I heard your conversation".

"You were easedropping?"

"I came to see if you were okay and didn't want to say anything. The conversation you were having with your mother was something you clearly needed to have with her. You're looking very tired I thought you and Antonio were spending the next couple of days in your apartment?"

"We're it's just mum thought a walk would do me good".

"Please rest up Debora you've just been cut open you need to heal. Don't forget you have Crohn's as well I don't want a flare up to happen again".

"Ok daddy I need to lean on someone I'm feeling really tired. I don't think I can stand up by myself".

Alexsander sweeps Debbie up off the floor and take her upstairs. He gentles places her on her bed, "I'm going to get the doctor to come look at you".

Debbie just nods too tired to argue, "I'm sorry Debs I shouldn't have suggested a walk".

"It's alright mum I enjoyed it".

Her parents leave and Antonio comes in, "Darling you look so pale I don't want you leaving this bed unless it's to go to the bathroom".

A doctor was called who then came and examined Debbie and took some bloods from her. Later that night he calls her to tell her she's anaemic.

I hope you guys enjoy this chapter, I love Irene's realisation do you?