Hostile

"Be silly. Be fun. Be different. Be crazy. Be you, because life is too short to be anything but happy".
-Unknown

Debbie has a shower and changed into a light blue jumpsuit she bought from Topshop which she pairs with some black sandals. "How do I look?" she ask Natalie. The redhead stares at her for a moment.

"You look lovely I know your hair is in box braids but they're quite small. I could style it for you into a topknot for instance".

"I'll leave my hair out for now thanks I completely forgot I had this jumpsuit".

"If I may say Your Highness the high end clothes you have are really lovely, but I love that you have pieces in your wardrobe from supermarkets and cheaper brands. You bought them because you like them not because they were bought for you to look more relatable to the public. Let's be honest though you wouldn't be wearing supermarket clothes if you didn't already have them".

"Well if I have an engagement where it's appropriate to mix and match. To wear a hi-low costing outfit I want you to include those clothes. I'm not ashamed in any way of having them".

"Yes Your Highness before I forget on Monday you have a slew of appointments. Representatives from different fashion houses will be coming to take your measurements. It's for any bespoke clothes they will be making for you".

"That's fine is that in my diary?"

"I'll put it in there I know your bestfriend is coming tomorrow but the appointment with the designer
can't be changed I'm afraid. You go to the ballet next week and must be seen in a Danish designer. You will be having meetings with the Irish president where again in three weeks the designer needs to be Danish with some Irish designers thrown in".

"I noticed Natalie while you have a lot of hair care products for my hair type you don't have anything for my scalp. I'm going to send you a list of items to get as I have in braids, I'm going to need spray for my scalp and specific shampoos and conditioners".

"I'll order them for you once I get the email Your Highness".

Debbie leaves and goes to the dining room she finds her cousins and aunt there. They stand up when they see her and wait till she sits before sitting back down.

"Good evening I hope you have all had a productive day".

"My husband tells me your father has requested we do more engagements. That's your doing isn't it? Everything was fine till you came along".

Debbie looks at her aunt, "If doing the bare minimum is fine by you then that's worrying. The starter hasn't even been served yet and you've started complaining".

"How dare you! You little upstart nothing", shouts Anette.

"I maybe an upstart but I assure you I'm not nothing unlike you wedded to royalty to achieve your position and status. I was born one you're excused I would like to get to know my cousins in peace".

Debbie looks over at a footman then at the door and the man seems to realise what's needed and opens the door. Her aunt glares at her then leaves, "Your father will hear about this".

"By all means tell the king".

Debbie's cousins all look at her when their mother leaves then a collective sigh is heard.

"Thank god we can have a meal in peace", says Emma. "I'm glad I get to do more engagements I have some projects I want to do thank you for the opportunity".

"You're welcome Emma".

"Thank you for the dinner invite as well what are we having?"

"I told the cook to surprise me".