Moving On

Family is not an important thing it's everything".
_Micheal J Fox

Debbie went back to her apartment to rest she was only three weeks postpartum and was still bleeding down below.
She reflects on what just happened she was shock Anette try to slap her especially with her father there. She was glad as well as princess lessons she had fighting lessons. She didn't like doing them but her father was right she did need to do it.

Antonio walks into their bedroom, "Darling you looked drained".

"I broke Anette's right wrist".

"The servants are talking I've been in my study most of the day what's going on?" Debbie tells him everything Victoria told her and what happened with Anette.

"I can't believe it poor Victoria so Anette will she be paid off to keep her from talking to the press?"

"She signed the Secret Service Act she's forbidden to talk".

"True but look what she did to you and your mother".

"We now know all the press people she's been using to circumvent it. They will no longer be allowed to attend anything to do with the royal family".

"They will not be happy".

"More importantly Antonio they will see the power we wheel as royals. Have you finish your work for the day I'm very tired and could use a cuddle".

Antonio takes his shoes off then decides to change into pyjamas he watches as Debbie changes into shorts and a snoopy t-shirt. She lies on the bed and rubs her stomach, "Are you still feeling some pain?"

"Yes the doctor said it was normal when I saw him at my last checkup".

Antonio lays besides her and rubs his hands on her stomach then picks up the phone. He ask Natalie to please bring a hot water bottle for Debbie as she was in pain. "Lets spend the next couple days in our apartment since I go back to work on Monday".

Debbie curls into him inhaling that distinctive smell he had which she loves so much, "I love that idea".

Antonio holds her and watches as her eyes close when Natalie brings the hot water bottle Debbie doesn't wake up. Antonio places it on her stomach and hears her sigh in relief. Much later Debbie wakes up to her son crying she  sees Antonio holding Johan he was trying to calm him down

"Someone is hungry give him to me I'll feed him".

"Are you feeling any better?"

Debbie takes her son and began to breastfeed him, "Not really to be honest".

"I'll order some food for you what would you like to eat?"

"Oddly fish, chips and mushy peas with jam roly poly and a side salad".

"That sounds lovely I'll have the same thing",.

Antonio places a order with the kitchen then he looks at Debbie with their son and takes a photo of them. "I can't believe we're parents to a son and a daughter". He starts to cry, "Growing up I knew my job was helping my sister when she was queen along with my other siblings.  That was going to be what I do for the rest of my life then you came along and we fell in love with each other. Now here we're parents to a son who would one day be king I never thought I mattered in the scheme of things only Maria since she's the heir. Growing up as one of the spares I knew my life in terms of royalty didn't matter".

"You always mattered your family loves you to bits I know the spare tag always attached to your name in the press couldn't have been pleasant for you. Look at where you're now part of the Crown Princess Family and future Royal Consort. You've always mattered to me and always will I love you very much".