Part-38

Chapter 38 -- Come with me...

Mahir was summoned by the cops, for some investigation. He gave his statement.
He was so restless from that day. He can't seat peacefully. Those criminals were just before him, but he couldn't do anything. According to the police, there is no such risk on Ahuja's now. As the prime suspect is dead now. But he knows there is something else also.

Today he is going to meet a old friend of his. Chris Evans. He is a private investigator. He have known him from his FBI training. He was senior to him.
Mahir told him all the details. How it's all started. Her close stuff details, the people she met frequently everything.
Chris ensure he will solve this very soon.

_____________________

After a week,

Arav shifted to Ahuja mansion. He started recovering fastly. Bela keeps checking if he's alright or if he needs anything. But she never meets him in these days. She is still guilt ridden. The moment when Arav pushed her and takes the bullet into himself doesn't let her be in peace. The thought that what if something happens to Mahir because of her was killing her every moment. She cuts off from everything. She just keeps herself lock in her room.
Mahir becomes very gloomy seeing her behaviour. She doesn't talk to anyone. He keeps trying her best. But eventually failed every time.

The doctor comes to check Arav, Asad was also with him.
He says he is much better now, but still weak.
Arav almost blackmails him to permit him to join work. After a moment he agreed and said not to take too much pressure. He just rolled his eyes.
As soon the doctor left, Arav asked Asad about Bela.
He got hurt that she never come to him. But he gets to know from the nurses that how Bela keeps asking about Arav. How much she cares about him.

Asad felt bad about the situation. He somehow knows why Bela is so much sad. The day when Sumitra insulted Bela. Asad heard Everything. He came out from the canteen to attend a call. When he heard how Sumitra harassed her. He even recorded everything. To show it to Mahir and confront him. But during all this chaos he never got a chance.

Arav: What happened Asad? What are you thinking? Is there anything?

Asad: Actually, I don't know. I mean. I should tell you this. You have right to know about this.
But promise me, that you'll not get angry. Just try to understand what she's going through.

Arav: What is it? Don't stretch it.

He showed it the video.
Arav's blood boiled. He was extremely raged. He gritted his teeth and stomped out from the room.

Asad rush to him to stop him. But he knows that it's of no use. So he went to inform Bela.

Arav directly went into Mahir's quarter. He was doing something in his laptop. Seeing Arav, he stands up.

Mahir: Arav what are you doing here? You need rest. If something was needed, you should call m_

Her hold him by his collar harshly.

Arav: Just shut up you bustard.
How dare you! How dare your Mother to make my sister cry. I will kill you.

Mahir: What happened Arav? What happened to her?

Arav: Don't you know? Now I am getting it. What are you trying to do. First you make her fall in your trap, to become rich. Now you and your family trying to control over her.

Mahir: Enough. Ok? What the hell are you talking? You just can't blame my family without any reason.

Asad: I have so many reasons Mr. Mahir Sehgal. Today I'm getting it clear. I don't want you for my only dear sister. You don't deserve her. Do you even know how she brought up? She was always a princess. An apple of our eyes. We never let a single drop of tear come from eyes. She always gets everything before she asks. Before dad left us, he took a promise from me. To keep her safe, to do best for her. And you are not that best guy I imagined for my Bela.
Where will you live with her after your marriage? In that hut? That is even given by me.