{ c h a p t e r f i f t e e n - t h e f i r s t d a t e 2 }

Chapter Fifteen

-Kylie Smith-

"What do you think you're doing?" I complaint as Cole dragged me to his car. "Do you really expect me to skip school just so we can 'have our first date?' " I pulled away my arm and put a hand on my hand. "Can't you just properly ask me and I don't know, maybe schedule it when it's not school day!"

Something is definitely up with Cole. I was stifling myself not to attack Lucy's face but I kept myself still.

My heart swelled with flatter what he said. I can't help but to blush at that memory that only happened seconds ago.

But why would he say something like that?

Oh shit.

"Why did you tell her that?" I asked in horror. "She'll tell everyone about us! I don't wanna announce this through a diva's mouth, I want to show them," I emphasized.

"Show them what, Smith?" He stopped playing with his feet and met his eyes with mine.

"Show them about us. " I blurted before I could even think. I closed my eyes and waited for one of this teasing but he just stared at me.

Even though we've only been dating for a week now, nobody knows about Cole and I(Brooke doesn't count though.) It wasn't that we were discreet and secretive about it, but because it doesn't seem like we are. We make snarky comments and tease, nothing really new. I mean everyone is used to the way Cole and I act with each other.

"Anyways, yeah, let's go back, yeah?" I offered, breaking the silence.

"You know what? You need to live up your life, Smith. Stop caring about that stupid attendance award. You don't need a stupid certificate to define your hardwork. You need to loosen up. One day, you'll look back and regret everything. You'll think damn, I should've not worried about that. It was a stupid thing to stop living my life." I was relieved and happy when he ignored about what I stupidly blurted. It's either he doesn't care or he sensed awkwardness and decided to not make it a big deal. OlI mean after all, we are dating.

You can't date someone without having feelings for them right? What was the real reason why I gave myself in to this cold-heart jerk anyways? If I really hated him, I would've humiliated him right there and reject him. But why didn't I? Why didn't I say no and if he's stupid enough (could've actually jumped off and break his bones) and crush his pride. Why didn't I?

Because maybe I did care all along.

"You know what, moron?" I spoke again. I hate the way he looked intensely at me, just waiting for my response. Something about his eyes---behind his eyes made me intrigued. "If you're still up for the date, come on, it won't hurt. You're right." I gave in. He does have a point though. It was just a stupid certificate and I don't want a paper with a PerfectAttendance to stop me from doing anything. Today, I will be a rebel.

who knew that Cole will be the one to talk to, huh?

"I know I'm right," he grinned. "Awww, my cute little nerd is turning bad," he cooed, ruffling my hair.

I tried to to let cute little nerd get to me, but obviously I failed. I've never been called pretty before, let alone cute(family doesn't count) . Cole is the first one.

"Shut up, Anderson and just drive before I'll be the one dragging us back both inside."

***

"This is where you were planning to take me, Anderson? A park?"