Chapter 29

Anna's POV

"Elsa, of course the water ripples, there are ships everywhere," Astrid countered back. However, the horror on her face remained.

"No, you don't understand, I feel it! It came from the island! Right after the dragon breached through that hole!" Elsa pointed ahead.

"Ladies, we have a quota to fill!" Eret called for us from afar. "Let's go!"

We exchanged a look. Elsa remained as worried as ever, but I honestly couldn't share whatever anxiety that she felt. And Eret was right, not to mention that we're so close to the end by now. "Elsa, let's go, we're nearly finished," I reminded her.

With that, Astrid commanded her dragon to dash off into the direction of the last ship. I looked behind to see my sister watching our move not to share her worry in disbelief. Despite knowing the fact that neither Hiccup nor Toothless was anywhere to be seen, I suppressed my worry by having some faith. Hiccup was the first Viking to fly on a dragon, so he could've simply flown to somewhere else to which I was sure I was going to stumble upon later on.

We finally reached the last ship. Astrid directed Stormfly to circle the ship on the sky to scan the ship thoroughly, and the other dragons followed our movement. The ship itself was swarmed by other smaller ones, all for the sake of reinforcing defense. The deck was crowded by Therondians, ready than ever to welcome us with their weapons. However, the caged dragons were anxious to welcome us as well, judging from their nonstop roaring and crying. Cannonball after cannonball were shot toward the sky to take us out, not to mention the bolas, arrows, and bullets, but Berkians were so agile in performing evasive maneuvers with their dragons. At one time, Astrid's Stormfly did a barrel roll to catch, not to evade, a giant wooden arrow specifically made to take out dragons, and threw it back to the ship with her momentum. Fortunately, I had a good grip on Astrid.

"You okay?" Astrid asked, chuckling slightly.

"I'm okay," I replied. I was actually taken aback by the dragon's sudden barrel roll, but I sugarcoated it. "About time for all of us to jump in there."

"We always go in together," Astrid smiled. "But on a cue."

"A cue?" I raised a brow.

Out of nowhere, a dragon flew past us in a blinding speed towards the ship. Only after a few seconds did I realize that it was Valka.

"That's our cue!" Astrid said. With that, Stormfly dived into the ship along with the others. With giant dragons landing onboard, it was inevitable for the ship to wobble from one side to another. I managed to spot Fishleg actually making a hole with his dragon's hard landing on the deck.

Once again, swords were drawn and shields were raised. I hopped off Stormfly and drew my sword out.

Despite fighting with mother nature on our side, I could tell that the Therondians really well knew that this was their last intact shipment, since the Berkians had raided the others. Hence, they invested every man, every sweat, every sword, and every firepower there was. It almost seemed that all Therondians were present. Put it simply, the current fight was fiercer than the previous ones we've done.

"Gah!"

My back landed against a mast after being bashed with a shield. Forcing myself to recover my composure as quickly as possible, I spotted my foe about to swing his sword right at me. I closed my eyes and shielded myself with my own hands.

Fwoosh!

The distinct sound of ice magic made me open my eyes. And I was correct, it was Elsa, who had apparently impaled my opponent with an icicle.