Chapter 18

Hiccup's POV

I felt my body sway about. Perhaps it was the wine. I had too much wine.

I peeled my eyes open slowly. The view that greeted me explained the swaying movement; I was on the ship, particularly inside the cabin. It appeared that we were already on our way while I was still unconscious.

When I tried to get up, a ridiculously painful pound hit my head. Inevitably, I grunted in pain to more of them after the first one. I began to breathe heavily due to the phenomenon. With every single bit of energy there was, I positioned myself to sit down on the edge of the bed.

"God..." I rubbed my head. Out of the blue, a hand landed on my shoulder. I looked up; it was Elsa.

"Morning..." she smiled, doing the same thing I was; rubbing her temple. She sat down next to me.

"Hey. Morning," I replied.

"Tough night?" Elsa chuckled.

"Yeah, that's one way to put it—oof!" A stinging sensation materialized inside my head, cutting me midsentence.

"You okay?"

"Y-Yeah... I'm good..." I applied more and more rubs against my temple to really blood flow into my poor brain. At least, that's what I believed what rubbing your temple will do when you have a headache. But it was working! The pain slowly eased itself, as if there was a monster inside that needed some calming down.

"Well, hello there, drunk buddy—oof," Elsa did the same thing I did to cope with the same stinging sensation. "Mmh... did Anna get drunk, too?"

"Don't think so. We're already sailing our way to New Berk. If it's not her that carried us all the way to the dock, I don't know who else," I said. "Besides, I don't think she really dug the taste of the wine."

"But it was so good!" Elsa added.

"I uhh... will have to admit, it really was. Hopefully we didn't bring any. Did we?" I asked, looking around for any sign of wine stored in a compartment or container.

"I hope for the opposite," Elsa smiled cheekily.

"Elsa the fifth spirit of Northuldra, that is so un-spirit-like of you!" I sarcastically replied.

She proceeded to laugh about it while rubbing her temples even more. Seeing her behaving as so, I nudged her playfully.

"Don't make me put a lemon on your smile to wipe it away," I said, standing up. "I need some fresh air. So do you. Come on."

Slowly but surely, we made our way out of the cabin. Right away, we were greeted by the view of the ocean and the harsh breeze of the wind. The sky was open; a perfect weather for the journey. Right next to our ship, a distinct Viking boat was sailing. I saw the familiar figure of Mrs. Hoffman taking control of the steering of the boat while being helped by some men. It would make sense that she was one of very few people who made it out of whatever happened last night while still sober.

On the starboard side of the ship, Anna was there, just standing while enjoying the view. When she looked to her back, she noticed our presences.

"Oh hey! Good afternoon! You two are finally awake!" She gestured us to come to her.

"Mhm. Good afternoon. Were you, um, sober in the whole time?" I asked, leaning myself against the railing of the boat.

"I was. And so was your mother," she pointed to the poop deck and there my mother was, holding the steering wheel. Mother merely gave a wave of a hand, as she seemed to be preoccupied with the wheel and the Terrible Terror on her shoulder.