Chapter 22

I think it's about time I use third person POV again. Not that I can't see this specific chapter happening in first person POV, but I just would like to have a go again in third person POV, since it's been too long since I used it. I will shift to different POV's later on.

Third person POV

The couple ran out to the deck and looked behind to see what the fuss was all about. Upon seeing the giant silhouette of ship behind the waterfall, they immediately ducked behind the barrels to hide. Both Anna and Hiccup drew their weapons out to face their enemy in silence.

Hiccup turned around to Fishleg, "Fishleg! Tell the others to prepare their swords and arrows and hide behind anything. We are going to ambush them! Wait for my command." He emphasized on the word 'arrows' to convey just what he had in mind.

"Aye, Hiccup," Fishleg nodded. With that, he dashed to the others to spread the message.

"I think we're the one who's ambushed here, Hiccup," Anna suggested. "No offense. We're cornered here!"

The Viking took his lover's advice into account and pondered for a moment. As he pondered more, the bowsprit of the ship entered the waterfall, which was noticed by the two.

"Anna! Hiccup!"

Elsa came rushing to the two and ducked as well. "What do we do?" she half-whispered, eyeing at the incoming threat behind the waterfall.

Her appearance triggered an idea inside the chief's mind. "I have an idea. Elsa, listen close."

The ice queen nodded and leaned in to hear better. After listening to the plan, both sisters suggested the same idea but with different approach, which led the trio to argue even more. However, the clock was ticking. The sound of water crashing upon wooden deck was soon heard from the waterfall. The trio looked at the ship again, and half of its body had already gone through the waterfall!

The trio kept arguing to each other to really determine which approach would be better. Eventually, they reached to the point where the three started nodding.

"Okay, okay, once they have beached, wait how do we know if they've beached?" Elsa asked in a low volume.

"Hear! There are rocks on the bottom of this water!" Anna replied.

"Captain! I see two unrecognized boats! One is Berkian, that's for sure!"

The trio turned to the source of the call. They spotted a crewmate standing near the bowsprit and scanning the environment from there. That's when they noticed the entire Therondian ship was inside the cave. Even with the cave's tall ceiling, the ship's tall masts still scraped against it, causing small rocks to fall down.

"Be prepared! Grab your swords!" Another voice called. Soon, swords were drawn out. Its distinctive sound echoed in the cave.

The trio watched the ship getting closer and closer. The sheer size of the ship was not helping them in coping with the nerves of what danger they were facing. Hiccup had cold sweat running across his back, his hand was shaking as well. It was too noticeable by the queen of Arendelle, so she firmly grabbed her lover by the arm and gave a reassuring nod.

Soon, the Therondian ship's hull scraped against the rocks on the bottom of the water, a sign that the ship had beached. It was only a couple of meters away from their boats.

"Uhh... Oh! HEY! OVER HERE!"

The trio turned to see behind them and spotted the Therondian sergeant they had kept as hostage wiggling inside the tie of rope he was inside.