Chapter 14 - The Trip to the Empire

The blue sail cackled loudly against the wind. Ava, Sinbad, and Ja'far all sat together on a bench, practicing their charismatic as salesmen.

         "It's truly an horror to meet you, my name is Ja'far, and I'm what'd you'd call a merchant. We would be completely tickled pink if you'd mind stocking our products at your lovely store." Ja'far smiled cutely, his eyes closed and face soft.

         Sinbad and Ava glanced at each other, frowning. The girl didn't particularly like how he phrased that, but that's how Rurumu told them to talk.

         Ja'far suddenly groaned in frustration, "What the hell was that!? I've had enough of this you old hag!"

         Ava's ears pinned back as she stared at the smaller, a nervous look on her face. ""Old hag"?" Rurumu repeated, her eyes opening narrowly as pretty green orbs landed on Ja'far.

         It was almost as if she wasn't mad, but both Ava and Sinbad could tell, and so could Ja'far but he was too far gone. "Rurumu Chop!" Rurumu smashed her fist into Ja'far face, and Sinbad and Ava clutched each other in fear.

         The whole boat seemed to shake as Ja'far screamed, flying backwards off of the bench when Rurumu pulled her fist back, a displeased look on her face. "How many times do I have to remind you? When addressing a lady older than you must always refer to her as "Miss" or "Madam"."

         Sinbad sweat - dropped as he and Ava stared at the collapsed form of Ja'far on the wooden deck, a few streaks of blood on the floor around him.

         "We're now part of Sinbad and Ava's cruise Imuchakk's official merchants, so we have to act the part. The way we carry ourselves will be a huge factor in building a strong, reliable relationship."

         Hinahoho, Vittel, and Mahad stared on in a sheepish relief as they muttered to each other at how happy they were to not be under the age of 15.

         "How do you expect to mount to anything if you can't even read!" Rurumu pointed at the three, who all huddled together. "In addition to reading, you must learn your basic culture, geography, and of course, mathematics!"

         Ava glanced down at the script in front of her, and a few words clicked together. Kerá had taught her how to read, but it's been really long since then...

         It felt like Rurumu was stabbing them with a needle as she continued. "Ja'far, correct your posture! Don't fall over!" Having already straitened her back and kept her head up, Rurumu's nagging wasn't exactly pointed at Ava.

         Though while Ja'far got it the worst with his miserable attitude, Sinbad wasn't exactly free from his chains either. Sinbad and Ja'far collapsed on the ground, exhausted at trying to stand strait up on one foot, while Ava looked at them, her ears pinned back.

         She felt a heavy hand drop onto her head, and looked up to see Hinahoho staring at Sinbad and Ja'far, a smile on his face. "So how's it going guys, hanging in there?" "Come on chief - er, mister Ja'far, you've got this!" Vittel corrected himself, his determination stronger than the one who needs it.

         "I think they're dead," Ava offered, only for Hina to ruffle her hair. "The only thing I've got is a major headache," Ja'far admitted, responding to Vittel before Sinbad croaked out, "Ava, make sure to bury me back in Parthevia with my mother..."

         At this, Ava growled, bending over and grabbing the front of Sinbad's shirt, startling him. "Shut it and stand up!" She demanded while still sitting down, much to the boy's surprise.