Chapter 2 - Sinbad the Sailor

"What was that?" Drakon asked, none of them daring to step out of the crevice. "The biggest dragon here, that's for sure," Sinbad replied, still staring out to the sky.

Ava huffed before stepping out, the two men staring at her, "Well, you got one thing right. I've been in this Dungeon for about a week and that's the biggest guy I've seen so far." This only caused the other two to gawk at her.

"About a week!?" Sinbad exclaimed, jumping out of the hiding spot and grabbing her shoulders, shaking the poor girl. Ava hissed, stepping away from him as Drakon followed out, "Kánte píso! Yes, about a week,"

"Do you even have a sword?" To answer Sinbad's question, Ava's blade was a mere centimeter away from his neck in a few mere milliseconds, and his hands shot up in surrender, squeaking, "Okay."

"Now what?" Ava asked him, lowering her bronze sword, Sinbad sighing in relief. "We follow it," and he was smacked atop the head a second later, Ava shouting, "No way!"

***

Hiding behind a fallen pillar, the trio stared at the beast of a dragon. Ava was almost shaking in her boots, but she didn't want to look weak in front of two guys. They were all crouching when Drakon said, "That beast is massive."

"No shit," Ava mumbled absentmindedly, causing Drakon to glare at her. "It's like the king of all dragons," Sinbad stated, ignoring the other two's glaring contest. "Noted," Ava replied sarcastically, causing Sinbad to huff as her ears perked up in surprise at her own words.

"Sorry," Ava told him, making Drakon even more pissed. "Oh so you apologize to him -" "Do you see that?" Sinbad interrupted, gesturing in between them to the dragon that was eating smaller ones.

"Cannibalism," Ava fake gasped while Sinbad continued, a smirk appearing on his face at her words, "It ate all of the ones that got in its way." Ava's ears switched between being strait and being pinned to her head, twitching as the girl heard rumbling from somewhere in the Dungeon.

"You know, the dragon king kind of reminds me of the human one," Sinbad joked, looking at Ava while Drakon followed his gaze, causing Ava to hiss before winking. "It's not cannibalism if we're different species. And besides, which kind of eating are we talking about?"

Sinbad's face immediately flared red, shocked before he glared at Ava, flustered while Drakon took a few moments to get it, making Ava grin as she turned back to the dragon.

"That's enough commoner, you watch your mouth!" Drakon exclaimed, his face also red. "If we want to get to that door, we'll have to take that thing down first." Ava explained, gesturing to the large wooden door on the opposite side of the room.

"This is a battle ground of life and death, don't think for a second that we're not being tested." Drakon stood, causing Ava and Sinbad to look at him. "What's your name woman?" "Ava?"

"You've proven yourself a worthy subordinate. You shall act as my decoy and draw its attention. While it's focused on you I will approach the door. It seems that we are now being tested on our dedication to the mission no matter what we must sacrifice. So get going," Ava hissed in rejection while Sinbad butted in.

"Hey, why don't you go?" "Come now, think of it as a commoner's last gift to her country. You should feel honored," Drakon ignored Sinbad's question, staring at Ava who glared back with a warning in her eyes.

         "I'll even arrange an award for you if you die," Sinbad growled, turning to Ava, clearing done sticking up for her.

         Ava stood, "Just shut your greedy mouth, Drakon. I could care less for this stupid country that takes innocent people to seem stronger just because it's weak. How many more people have to die before you finally get it!"