I continued to read the book in my head instead of out loud because I was getting tired of hearing myself repeat like a broken record player. I sniffled and I felt myself dozing off as the book laid open on my chest.
-
I woke up to hearing the door rattle from the outside of the closet. I quickly put the book away and turned off the closet light before sitting back down in the darkness. I wondered how long I was asleep for.

The door opened and I felt my heart hammering in my chest as I looked up at Ryan. He looked down at me and stepped back for me to get out. I grabbed onto the side of the wall and I pushed myself off of the floor before stepping outside of the closet. I stared down at my feet and fiddled with my fingers as I felt his gaze on me.

"Have you learned your lesson?" He asked me and I nodded my head. He grabbed my chin and moved my head up so that I would look at him.

"Emilia I asked you a question." He said rather calmly and I cleared the lump in my throat as I looked into his eyes.

"Y-yes.." I said softly and he let go of my face. He closed the bedroom door and I just stood there, waiting for something else to happen. He started to take off his clothes until he was in his boxers and he laid down in the bed.

I walked into the restroom and I cracked the door because he doesn't like it when the doors fully closed. I looked in the mirror at my reflection and I bit down on my lip to hold back my tears. I turned on the sink and I ran cold water over my face. I sniffled and I flattened out the silk gown I was wearing. Before I went back into the room, I let out a shuddered breath and I walked over next to him and pulled back the covers before slipping inside.

I laid stiffly next to him and he leaned over and turned off his lamp. He then proceeded to pull his arm over me so that we were almost cuddling. I'm sure he could feel how fast my heart was beating.

"I love you." He mumbled out and I felt my stomach become uneasy. A few tears rolled down the side of my eyes and I sniffled a bit.

"I-I love you too.." I muttered quietly. It seems like lying is the only way I can protect myself. He pulled me closer to him and he placed a kiss on my arm.

He left kisses all the way up until he found the crook of my neck. Unwanted tears escaped my eyes and I quickly wiped them away before he could see.

"You're so beautiful." He mumbled and it was only now that I realized that he was drunk considering the smell of alcohol coming from his breath. I put on a smile and he pulled the strap of my dress off of my shoulder before leaving kisses there too.

His hand found its way over to my thighs where he gripped them tightly and ran his hands up and down lightly.

"M-maybe we can do this some other time?" I said quietly and he stopped moving. My breathing dramatically increased and I gulped as my eyes fell upon his.

"It's just-just because you're drunk..." I muttered softly as my eyes never left his. He stared at me and clenched his jaw. He got up from the bed and he walked over towards the closet and pointed for me to go back in. My eyebrows pulled together with sadness and I got out of the bed and went back in the closet.

"I'll let you out in the morning." He said and closed the door shut. It locked behind him once more and I let out a deep sigh as I began to fix the spot on the floor again. Believe it or not, the closet made me feel safer than I did when I shared the bed with him.