Halloween

EIJI POV

My body felt stiff as I sat up. I rubed my eyes trying to get the fuzziness away, then took in my surroundings and immediately I was confused.

Where am I?

From what I could tell, I was in a dark room. At least I think it was a room? It was hard to tell. It was real dark and I could barely see what was ahead of me. The only thing visible was some strange white looking mist.

It reminded me of the stuff you'd see during Halloween. Like those mist machines that people would set up for parties or to decorate there house.

This is weird. I don't remember this place at all. The last thing I can remember is being by Ash's side and then...

I shivered.

One second I was okay and then Dino was there and he pressed some button and it felt like I was gonna pass out. And it looks like I did. Whatever, I'm fine now so that's good and there's no Dino which is really good. But where's Ash?

Well firstly, where am I? And who turned the lights off?

I stood up and took one more glance around me, just making sure I didn't miss anything.

It was the same endless white mist. I took an unsure step forward and waited. I sighed in relief, nothing happened. This is nerve wracking. It's like walking at night in fog except there's zero light from the stars or moon. I took another step, then another and soon enough I was walking for what seemed like ages.

I called for Ash till my throat was sore and had yet heard anything.

I sat down, taking a quick break.

This is strange. It feels like I'm walking in circles. I groaned in annoyance and stood back up.

"Come on Eiji there's got to be an end to this, no need to complain or freak out."

I took a step and my heart nearly stoped as I heard something. It was faint but it was the only noise I'd heard since waking up. I sighed in relief. Thank goodness, someone's here. Maybe they can help me out.

I turned my head to the sound.

"Hello! Anyone there?!"

No response.

I walked forward and heard the voice again. It was a bit clearer to hear this time. Good I'm getting closer. It was definitely someone. Sounded like a boy.

I kept walking forward but as I walked closer the more I felt as if something was weighing me down. Every step got heavier and every breath got harder. What the heck?

I hunched over hands on my knees.

"Man *huff* I need to work on my *huff* cardio."

I stood back up hands over my head trying to catch my breath. It was helping a bit but not as much as I'd hoped. I closed my eyes and tried focusing on my breathing, something my coaches taught me when pole vaulting.

I shot my eyes open. D-did I just remember something?

I smiled. A big genuine smile. So I used to pole vault.

My smile turned into a frown the more I thought of it. That's...cool, I guess, but why do I feel so depressed when thinking about it? I shook my head. Any type of regained memory is a plus in my book.

I nearly jumped when I heard the voice once again. It was a bit louder and sounded a lot more, what's the right word, desperate?

As I went to take a step forward that's when everything changed. That voice. It wasn't just anyone's voice. It was Ash's. I couldn't make out what he was saying but that didn't matter. I'd finally found him.

I ran forward happy and beyond relieved. I can't wait to see the look on his face when I tell him I remembered something from my past. Maybe my memories are finally coming back to me.

I took one long stride and nearly fell down, but quickly caught myself. I looked at my legs in confusion. They felt strangely numb. I took one more step forward and felt a strange sharpness in my chest.

"What th-"

I fell down to my knees and griped my shirt. My chest. It felt like something was sitting on top of me. Unmoving and quickly making it harder to breath. I choked on nothing as I barely got any air into my lungs. My chest, it feels like it's on fire.

My vision was quickly fading and the world looked like it was spinning. My body grew extremely heavy and I crumpled to the floor. I was just barely getting any air as I heaved for oxygen. Tears fell down my face.

What's happening to me?

I fought against the the unconsciousness trying to grab onto me but it was getting harder by the second.

I was so close.

I'm sorry, Ash.

"E..J..EIJI!"

I slowly opened my heavy eyes. I must be hallucinating. There was no one there. It must be the lack of oxygen. Maybe if I just sleep, I'll wake up later and feel better. Yea, that sounds like a good idea.

"Eiji. Get your lazy ass up."

This voice. It isn't Ash's, but it sounds familiar. I forced my eyes open once more expecting to see the same nothingness as before but was instead met with a pair of black shades.

——————————————————————————

Sorry for the shorter chapter. See ya in the next one!