“No one can do anything without her signatures, baby. Trust me, we all tried our best pursuading her.”

“Is there no other option?”

“I am afraid not.” Just then a nurse came looking for her and she walked away kissing my forehead.

Kelly Jordan was my aunt, my mother’s sister, so consider my surprise when I call Grace letting her know of Rosaline’s sudden fainting and she orders me to take her to the CityCare hospital, which is a hospital for the cancer patients and the one where my Aunt worked.

The surprise and shock did not end there, no, the thing that broke my heart into two and made me feel like someone has stabbed me from the front was the fact that Aunt Kelly knew her beforehand, the fact that she told me she has been battling cancer for almost two years now and the fact that I treated her shit all along.

Thoughts consumed me and I backed away holding my head tightly till I was pressed against the wall. All the conversations we have ever had started replaying in my head and the dots started connecting by itself. She passed the hint so many times, but I still could not understand a thing.

No doubt why Grace was so worried about her always, no doubt why Grace was on her worst mood on Fridays, no doubt why Rosaline told me not to tell anyone about her coughing blood, no doubt why she did not let me take her to the nurse, it was there all along. All the clues were there, then why couldn’t I pick them up? Was I really this blind? Did I really let some stupid fucking reason to hate her come in our way?

I was a fucking idiot.

No doubt why the bruises on her waist did not heal quickly, I felt stupid, so so stupid.

“I am a slow walker.” She had said. No, her health was the reason behind it.

“Yes, I would probably never know how to live a life like yours, no matter how hard I try.”

She told me, she fucking told me, but I flipped at her and walked away. Could I get any more of a jerk?

Tears after tears started escaping from my eyes, but I did not care. I did not care if someone saw me in this condition, I did not care if a man like me was crying, all I cared about was the love of my life who was lying unconscious on the bed inside the room battling for her life.

“Will you stop fucking smiling for a moment?!”

“That’s what I am short of.”

I slid down the wall and groaned loudly in pain, I wanted to scream, I wanted to let out a loud cry, I wanted to punch something or someone, preferably me, I felt so lost and I had no idea what to do.

“You cannot like me.”

“Stop!” I let out a muffled scream by placing my palms on my mouth.

“Forgive me.” She had said, but I should have been the one to say that.

“Maybe I don’t want us to happen! Maybe I like someone else.”

She lied to me, she fucking lied. There was no one in her life, but she wanted me to hate her and now I understood why. The only reason that was spiralling in my head was why did she not want to get the treatment? Why would she reject such an amazing offer? Was I the reason? If yes then I would fucking shoot myself without any second thought, no kidding.

“Thank you so much for opening my eyes and letting me know how much of a bitch you were for leading me on. I was right about you, you are so fucking fake.”

How could I be so cruel, not her fault I fell for her. She stopped me, she stopped me from falling for her so many time and yet I did and now there was no going back. She had to live, she will have to live, either by hook or by crook.

“Disappear.” I had said.

Fuck.

“Just give me few more days and I will be gone for good. I will disappear just like you want me to.”

I was the fucking culprit and now I would be the one to save her. I pushed her to this fragile state and now, I would pull her back. If it required going all illegal to save her, then be it. I would rather rot in jail then not have her beautiful smile in this world.

“Forgive me Sunshine for being selfish, but you will have to live. I don’t care if you don’t want to, but I won’t be able to live without you.”

•••••••

Thank you to each and everyone of you for sending so many prayers and wishes, Alhamdulillah, the operation went by smoothly and wonderfully, it was so painless that I almost didn't feel like I got the surgery done.

Also, let me know how you guys find this chapter, I don't know if I did a good job or not and because I still can't use much of the screen, please bear with the slow updates.