07. TULIPS AND LAVENDER

It's said that 'a human pupil's dilation is correlated with the arousal of feelings, predominantly when they see something they love, their pupil tends to expand even more'.

At the rate of your eye's dilation, they are literally stellar black holes at the moment. An actual stellar black hole forms by the gravitational collapse of a star and now those in your eyes are formed by the collapse of your sense of reality at the sight of a K-pop star.

"KIM SEOK JIN!", your voice reverberates throughout the grand chamber

One of your hands tigh­­tly grasps the table top for grip as your legs quiver eminently, and the other reaches up to clasp your mouth to curb the squeal which threatens to escape your throat.

You gawk at the eldest member of BTS, the daydream of much of the world who you've only seen in the monitors and posters.

With the chiseled features of a Greek god and honey-blond hair, effortlessly he proves why people on the internet baptized him with the name 'worldwide handsome'.

"You know me?", he asks in Korean, a hint of surprise appears upon his sculpted face.

Someone please tell this gentleman, he is destined for stardom since birth!

Softly clearing your throat, you try to unclog the lump in your esophagus.

"I...naneun...naega...", trying to remember all those dialogues from Korean series you've ever seen, you stutter to construct a proper sentence in Korean.

"It's okay, speak in English", he says with an affiliative smile.

"So...I'm a BTS Army", you reply with a sheepish grin, "...and you speak English?", you ask quite surprised.

Scratching the nape of his neck he shifts his gaze to the maple wood flooring, "umm yeah, I do speak English, in fact we seven of us have been learning English for past 6 months so that we can directly communicate with our fans from all over the world without the help of a translator", he looks up at your face with a gleeful chuckle.

"So, you are an Army too!", a gleam of happiness passes through his eyes.

Folding your lips into thin lines you nod down softly.

"That's great, so are you here to meet Bang PD-nim regarding any international fan meet?".

You shake your head reflexively. "well I'm here to meet Mr. Bang Shihyuk because he asked me to".

"He asked you to?!", he looks bewildered.

"Yeah! he said there is a job vacancy in this company and I'm a suitable candidate for that job".

"Wait! What? Can you explain to me what happened in detail? I'm genuinely confused", his brow twitches.

And you explain him about the last night's events briefly.

As you elucidate the story, his skeptical expression turns into a deep gaze.

"Bang PD-nim is a person who recruits any staff under Big Hit labels after assessing them in 365 ways for 365 days, that kind of captious fellow he is. But he chatted with you for barely an hour last night and hired you for a job already, that's incredible!".

You don't know whether to consider it as a compliment or not and sink into stormy contemplation

He continues, "Though I have a vague notion behind his decision to appoint you for whatever job he has in mind, I still wonder how you managed to impress him this hard in that scanty time, impressing that man is an unfeasible task", he lets out a tired sigh.

Honestly, you don't have the slightest idea what happened that time or how your super long humdrum rant impressed him, you were just acting like a ranting maniac and now this guy's reaction puzzles you even more.

The shrill scream of his cell phone pierces through your muddled thoughts,

Peering into his phone's display he softly smacks his forehead and his palm envelopes his eyes, with a grimace he drops the phone into his pocket.

Seems like he forgot something important.

"I gotta go now! See you later Ms. Brain box", waving his hand in a half salute, he turns his back on you but swiftly he spins back around and stare at the table where the vase is placed.

His nose flares as he tries to block the laugh bubbling up in his throat, he shifts his gaze to your face and smile starts to tug at his plumpy lips.

"Were you trying to get high on lavender that time?", he asks with a husky chuckle

Your face flushes with embarrassment as you recall the scene which happened few minutes ago.

"Well...umm I love flowers...", your voice dwindles to a vanishing point.

"I see, then I must test your love", he pouts in a skittish way, "so tell me, how many lips do flowers have?", he asks crossing his arms across his chest haughtily.

Shit! He is going to realise you are actually a pea brain and retract the nickname he gave you a few minutes back.

Wrecking your brain for the right answer for solid 5 minutes, you look at him like a lost puppy as you utterly fail in your attempt.

"Hey! A hint is over there", he mouths, pointing his index finger towards the vase, with a smug grin.

You turn around to that limestone vase and all you see is a cluster of jazzy flowers, nothing else.

"Still you can't find the answer?", His silvery voice behind the helix of your ears sends chills down your spine, the strong aroma of his sweet floral cologne invades your nostrils and makes you realize his close proximity which causes your heart to suffer a fatal arrhythmia, momentarily.

He smells like a soft blend of rose and black currant which reminds a sun-filled spring day from your past memories.

"I...I can't see anything beside that vase", you stutter with each word.

"Yes, Now tell me what's there in that vase", he scoots even closer this time staring at the vase, his breath softly brushes your earlobe, he is invading your personal space and as expected spume of uneasiness begins to form in the vicinity of your stomach but unlike that airport guy you don't hate this guy's closeness.

"There is a vase, bunch of lavender and tulips and...", your mouth replies intuitively but your mind strays away to a subconscious state.

"Lavender and what?", his voice cuts through your thoughts and drags you back.

"Tulips", you whirl your head to your side and meet his bewitching gaze.

"Two-..", he prompts.

"Lips", you complete with a puzzled expression and your eyes dilate again in realisation.

Infamous dad jokes of famous Jin.

He throws back his head and flashes his radiant smile of triumph; his face turns crimson red and crinkles in laughter.

Though you feel deceived and try to keep a straight face, his laugh is too contagious and the corner of your lips curls up, involuntarily.

His seal laugh completely engulfs the whole room.