Chapter 40

Micheal Calego is the perfect example of a rich brat child. His parents are one of the richest people we have around and he's one of those kids who used to go to kindergarten with a nanny following his toe.

Growing up, things haven't changed much except the nanny at his toe. Instead, his parents leave him on his own and fly around the world for business trips.

So naturally, Micheal's parties are rumored to be the best in the town in many years.

I drive my car a few houses away from his house just to find a spot to park the car. Yes, that many people came. I wonder what these folks will do once he graduates next summer.

"Are you sure you can do this?" I ask Ashton who's ready to jump out of the car if needed.

He didn't tell me what exactly Owen sent him but from the look on his face, that can't be anything good.

When I finally find a spot to park the car, I ask Ashton the question again.

He waves a hand. "Don't worry, I'll be fine."

Still, I watch horrifically when he jumps out of the car. I don't want him to die under my watch.

I let out the breath I am holding when he gets out without getting himself killed.

Ashton leads us to Micheal's house. Well calling that a house will be a crime.

It's more like a mansion. I stare at the house with awestruck. But Ashton looks casual. It's either because maybe his house is as big (or more) as this or because he has been here plenty of times before.

However, for me, it's my first time at Micheal's party.

"So we'll be parting from here," Ashton turns to me when we enter Micheal's enormous house. He seems to be walking fine. "This way we'll be able to find all of them quicker. And keep your phone on so we can contact each other."

"Don't get yourself killed," I joke.

"No promises," Ashton winks with a grin. He was about to leave when I stopped him.

"What?"

"Uh, Dylan, Miles's brother, heard that the drinks will be spiked tonight," I tell him. "Everyone thought it was just a prank to scare the freshman's away and didn't give it a second thought. Even Miles. But now-I'm-I'm not sure anymore."

Ashton's eyes turn wide. "Why didn't you tell me this before?"

I hesitate. Why didn't I? "Uh, I didn't know about it until Mom told me this right before they left and then-"

"Doesn't matter," Ashton cuts me. "Just don't drink anything. Not even water. Even if you're about to die from dehydration."

I roll my eyes. Now he's being overdramatic. "What about foods?"

"Don't eat them too, you don't know if they didn't spike them," Ashton says firmly and he takes the right as I take the left.

Along the way were drunken teenagers, some already passed out on any random spot they could find. And there's those making out wherever they can. I already feel sorry for the poor Micheal when a boy right in front of me vomits in a flower pot.

Do I need to explain any further?

Hmm, that's what I thought.

'What's so new about it?' My conscious part rolls its eyes.

I agree with it. From my past experience of partying, I found five stages of high school party: dress pretty, write a great entry, get drunk, pass out/throw up/get in bed with someone, and wake up in the morning with regrets.