Chapter 33

First, let me clear something from the previous chapter. The things Kiara's schoolmates said about Promy, is not the right thing to say. But it's the sad reality of many Muslims who live in the West. If not those remarks then they're avoided by many of their classmates. I'm not saying this from experience, but I heard plenty of those stories from very close people of mine. Such behaviors should be discouraged. I'm not saying all the people act poorly with the Muslims, take Kiara and her friends as an example. Still, there's a large number of people who're prejudiced against them. I want all of my dear readers to avoid such acts. We're all humans, Muslims have feelings too, I hope you'll take the last chapter as a lesson and understand what I'm talking about :)

🎞

The final bell rings and I stroll out of class. Everyone else also marches along with me. We're all in a rush. Nobody wants to be late for this afternoon's football match between our boys and Roosevelt high, our scorn enemy. The match is going to be held at their campus, and there's the Halloween party at Micheal's place afterward.

Micheal's parties are the best ones in the town and people hardly get invited to them. But he announced the beginning of this week that if our boys win the match today, his party will be free for everyone who goes to our school.

This match is also important because if our boys-Falcons- don't win the match today, it's over for them for the season.

The team has left after lunch. Everyone else is going there after school.

Some girls passed by me, talking excitedly about tonight's party. I don't bother to listen to them. Halloween is the last thing on my mind right now.

Because if we thought things were worse before, I don't know what to call it now.

For starters, flyers don't seem to be stopping anytime soon. Almost every day they provide us with at least one juicy story.

Not all of them are necessarily true. Some are just even victims of perspective. Nonetheless, rumors run.

And students take photos of the flyers and post them on social media and so they're everywhere.

There's also this group on Facebook where people are sharing those flyers, tagging the person.

This also happens to be the only topic everyone talks about all day.

And even though our committee has nothing to do with the situation anymore, Principal Samantha wants us to solve it.

The student council election is in a few weeks. So with Jason being busy with it, all his committee duties fall upon my shoulder.

I wouldn't have minded if I wasn't dealing with college applications, tests, family issues, and that boyfriend of mine already.

Speaking of my boyfriend, Derek has been in a pretty awful mood since they lost three matches in a row after the first one. I'm starting to believe Ashton was right. That win was first-timers luck.

Ashton-about whom I don't wanna think about right now.

"Look there she goes," Dustin, the basketball player who happens to have his locker across mine, snickers. Snickers follow after his comment.

I don't turn around to see who he is referring to. I already know who it is. Lucia Moore, our today's victim. This morning when we came to school, there were posters all over the school of a picture of making out with a girl at some party.

Everyone knew Lucia was always a bit different than most others, but c'mon guys, it's like the twenty-first century. Not being a heterosexual doesn't matter anymore and we all know that.

High School Survival TheoryOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara