CHAPTER 2

A few minutes passed, and my dad came. As he walked towards me, I felt how the cold wind touched my skin, and the sky became dark as if it will rain again. On his right hand, there's an umbrella, and he is also holding a plastic bag with something inside. Maybe it's food.

I greeted him with a warm hug, and we walked together to the car. For no particular reason, I looked at the part of the road where Vielka and her guardian were walking through their way home near the intersection.

While we were in the car, I noticed the raindrops falling. It gave me chills. I love this kind of weather.

"It seems like you are thinking about something. Kinda deep, huh. You mind telling me?" he can see it based on my face. Yeah, I'm thinking about Vielka. I don't know how to tell this to my dad, so I refused. Silence filled every space inside the car.

"You're looking at Vielka? Tell me, and we'll make a way, little boy," he smirked. He never fails to be concerned about everything that bothers me.

I have nothing to tell him, but for sure, my dad has seen my worth, and I'm blessed about having him.

"You wanna go to their place? I can send you there," I was surprised by what he just said. I was astonished, but I still managed to ask him.

"H-how?" I stuttered asking him. He smiled, amused, and he changed the route, tracking the eastern direction. I am excited, though I don't have any idea about what am I gonna do there.

After a few minutes, we were at their place already. I saw an enormous house. How fancy it was. By just looking at the gate, the statue, and the decoration outside the house, I could say it's a mansion.

As I got out from the car, I saw Vielka on the swing still wearing her uniform. The rain was slightly abated, and it gave enough water to dampen the ground. She was pushing and pulling herself on the swing. And the weather's telling me, it's nice to approach her. I gathered all of my courage. I breathed in and out for some seconds.

"Dad! The umbrella, please. It seems like you're permitting me to approach her," he nodded enthusiastically and led the umbrella.

"I can do this," I whispered to myself after sighing. I believe I can, for I will.

I rang the doorbell, and I got her attention. It shocked her, but I still gave her a sweet smile despite being nervous. She smiled at me too. It felt so right.

My heartbeat ran fast as she walked towards me. I could already feel how my face turned red. Is this what they call crush?

She just came to open the gate having no umbrella, so I raised my hand with the umbrella parallel to her.

She invited me in after opening the gate. I roamed my eyes as we walked through their beautiful garden filled with colorful flowers. There was a pool by their hut. I wanted to jump, but I am too focused on Vielka. For me, she's the best.

We settled inside their hut. It's small but too captivating not to experience the feeling inside it. I noticed that she's a bit cold, maybe because of going outside without an umbrella, so I offered my jacket to her, and she gladly accepted it. I smiled slightly when I had the chance to touch her fingers.

"So, what are you doing here, Zach?" she asked to start the conversation. I want a long, long conversation with her.

"I am here to tell you that I like you Vielka, no matter what weird things people say about you," I said, and I noticed one of her eyebrows rose.

I didn't know what to say next. I was waiting for her response. Maybe if she tells me I like you too, it will surely make my day amazing and happy.

"First, yeah, it's true. I am a weird person for you to like. Second, we're just eight years old. Why don't you just enjoy your life playing with your friends rather than telling me these things?" she enumerated and thought about something before speaking again. I waited.

"I am fully aware of how amazing and handsome you are, Zach, but I'm sorry."

"I'll return your jacket tomorrow morning. You should leave now, Zach."

She left me here all alone. I'm stunned at what she just said, but one thing is for sure, that's rejection. I don't know how could I approach her tomorrow at school after all the things happened.

At first, I thought she would tell me that she likes me too, but after just a blink of an eye, it changed, especially about the fact which bothers me. I mean, what's not to like about me? Is there something missing in me?

I stood up and started walking away from their place. I greeted dad with a smile as if nothing happened, and he smiled back. Maybe he thought that the outcome was good, maybe great.

While we're on our way home, I was just looking outside the window while watching the raindrops. This weather always gives me comfort. At least the weather is pleasant. I shouldn't feel bad for myself, it's her loss after all.

"You sure it went fine?" dad asked, and I just nodded. Maybe he won't notice it. I really hope he won't. It's so embarrassing. I remembered all the things that happened, and it feels like I wanted to be swallowed by my seat. What the hell!

When we got home, I showed that I am okay. I don't want any interruptions. I want to enjoy the weather. I was about to get out of the car when dad spoke.

"I know you aren't fine. You can tell it to us, okay? Among all the people, parents will always understand their children and so are we," he said, and I stopped, facing him.

"If it didn't end well, just tell me or to your mom. Sometimes, it's okay not to be okay than pretending that you are," he added and smiled after his advice. He messed up my hair like he usually does when cheering me up.

After all the things he said, I realized that I should disclose everything to my parents because they will surely help and make me happy. Either of the two, it will always be helpful for me.

I went inside, and I saw mom cooking something. Just a perfect time. I'm a bit hungry. They said that delicious food is a solution for a broken heart, so I went upstairs to change my clothes.

When I closed my door after changing, I bumped into somebody when I made my way through the kitchen. It was mom.

"Your father told me everything. Let's eat so you can rest after, okay?"

Such a perfect mother for a stubborn son.

After a while, we finished eating. I went back to my room to clear my mind. I head straight to my balcony to at least get some fresh air, but I'm still clueless and shocked.

"This won't work. I should get some rest," I calmly and softly said to myself.

***

I woke up by the sound of my alarm. As I opened my cell phone, it's almost seven o'clock. I dashed to the bathroom. Exactly 7:30 AM is the start of our class. The hell, I'm gonna be late today.

I don't care if I cleaned my body thoroughly or not. I rushed things in the bathroom. On my way down, I saw dad. He asked me many things, but I didn't have any time to answer.

"We need to go to school now, dad," I hurriedly told him.

On our way through the school, I saw Vielka talking to nobody. What? To the air? I asked dad to stop the car, and he did.

As she saw me walking towards her, she immediately acted normal, but yes, I really saw her talking to the wind. What the hell!

"Oh! Hi Zach! Let's go inside together?"

That's weird, but never mind.