▪️05▪️

Two days had passed, still he wasn't allowed even a glimpse of his papa, who had been hanging between life and death. He couldn't visit Arthit on the very day of his accident because he was needed at home. 

Before Top could reach home, Mili had seen the news of Arthit's accident on TV, the child was fond of flicking channels. His youngest sister was a crying mess, Mali was struggling to calm her down. Although she had told her sister that media houses spice up news to gain audience and their superhero was mighty fine, just a little bit scratched; Mili kept repeating that she was the cause of the accident as Arthit had promised her a movie night because she was upset so Arthit must be driving fast to reach home early. 

Top clearly didn't see any logic in the child's thinking , she wasn't the one spinning the steering wheel, it was ridiculous to pin blame on herself. Still, although awkwardly, he patted his sister's back to console her while the girl was sobbing in her elder sister Mili's arms.

Mili had slept in Mali's arms while she rocked her gently. Task of telling a soothing story to distract Mili from the news fell on his shoulders. He couldn't really remember any fairy tale to tell his sister. 

So, he chose a real life story. He explained to her the sticky web of half truth and fake news weaved to create positive PR for certain actors in the industry.  These media people were stupid and money minded, expert in making mountains out of pebble. 

He found it utterly nonsensical to calm his sister with sweet stupid nothings, so he explained her the web of business. How money was made, how to do profitable investments — this is something he knows about, feels comfortable talking about. And it was hundred times better and thousand times useful than telling her the story of cindrela's unrealistic glass slippers. Because thanks to his topic — both his sisters were fast asleep on the couch of their living room. 

He tried to pick up Mili from Mali's lap to take her to her bedroom but the movement woke Mali up . 

" What are you doing ? " She glared at him. While she tried her best to remain friendly towards him in front of Mili, she had no qualms in expressing her diataste towards him right now. 

" I was just taking her to her room. " 

" No need " she snapped " You have done enough as it is. No need to help more. " 

Top clenched his jaw, another accuser— The voice in his head snarled, asking him to express but he kept his anger reigned in. 

" She is heavy , I will just help you to pick her up. " 

" I said no need. " Mali argued " I can look after my own sister. " 

" Your sister ? " Top scoffed but chose to stay silent. When Mali took the child to the bedroom ,he just followed behind, to ensure he would be there to catch should Mali stagger in her steps. 

❤️❤️❤️❤️

Next day, after seeing  to it that both his sisters ate their breakfasts, Top drove his car to the hospital to see his por. 

He had not even reached the ICU ward that his papa was kept in, he found his por glaring down at him. " Get out " were his exact words. 

" Por, at least — " his sentence was cut short by his por grabbing him by collar and escorting him right out of hospital premises. He had even gone to the length of warning both night and day security guards , against letting Top enter the hospital. He has found this while he tried to visit at night. Although, guard chased him down, he was adamant on seeing his por. 

So, on the third day, he put on a fake moustache and donned a thick rimmed glass, shedding his uber expensive clothing for cheap ones. Luckily he even managed to swipe places with a cleaning boy. While cleaning , he had managed to catch a glimpse of his father that he wished to erase from his memory.