▪️03▪️

A/N : I've made some changes and added little details in chapter 1. Please check it out 🙏.

❤️❤️❤️

▪️03▪️

" Arthit , you go ahead. I'll talk with Top. " Sook patted his shoulder in silent reassurance before parting his way, heading towards the backroom of the exhibition. 

Arthit took long strides,eager to exit the venue ASAP. His bodyguard followed him with a foot's distance. 

Arthit, lost in his own thoughts, jolted by someone tapping his arm. It was the bodyguard 

" Sir, your phone. " he pointed at the ringing object in Arthit's pocket before returning back to his post, behind Arthit. 

" Papa… '' Mili's melodious voice called from the other end, her tone sad " You don't need to come early to drive me to Suay's house. Her parents had sudden engagements, Suay is accompanying them. " 

Arthit frowned. He knew Suay's parents had no sudden engagements but they have already watched the news. But, he didn't have the heart to tell the same to his 13 year old daughter. 

" It's okay sweets. We will go to Suay's on some other day. How about papa and Mili have a secret movie night, today ? " 

It was enough to cheer his daughter " Pizza topping will be of my choice. And we will see Mulan. " he excitedly suggested.

" But you have already watched it 5 times, princess. " 

" So ? Mili asked, offended " Mulan never gets old. " 

" Right " Arthit forced himself to chuckle. But daughters, even young, are always mature than their age. 

" Are you okay , Papa ?" Mili asked worried " Do you have a sore throat again? " 

" No. Papa is an absolutely fine munchkin. " Arthit assured the kid " Start browsing the topping you haven't tried yet. " he offered the distraction which the child thankfully caught. 

" Yes ! " The excited shout relieved his worry from at least one front. There were other fronts, waiting for him to fight the battle - alone. 

Arthit had just set his foot outside the Cityhall that he got surrounded by the swarm of zealous reporters waiting outside the Cityhall to grab a hot bite of news . He was lucky to somehow escape from there with help of his bodyguard but his luck didn't side with him for long. Reporters had reached  the entrance of Kong's hospital long before he had the chance to . Helpless, he had to return without seeing Kong for hospital administration were fearing for their premises to become the venue of the media circus. 

He had been incessantly trying to reach Kong or Sook , but even after literally hundreds of miss calls , both were unreachable along with Pricha. It may be that they had intentionally switched off their phones because of reporters incessantly calling them to clarify on the recent events. 

On one end he feared for Kong's health, on other - he feared for his family. Scandals and negative media coverage never bothered before meeting Kong, he even welcomed them with open arms. But, now he doesn't fear anything more than scandals. 

  Since the moment he had heard about Kong falling unconscious after seeing the painting,red alarms of danger blared nonstop  in his mind.

When Kong was hospitalized for risk of kidney failure, Doctor had warned him against exposing Kong to stressful situations in future, for younger may again fall into stress born negligent patterns of behaviour. And now he could only pray to the god that the poison that the media had concocted on their own does not reach Kong or any of their children. At least not till he got some means to contain it , which seemed unlikely to be honest.