~Chapter 47~ Hyenas in the Southlands?

Season 3

~The next day~

I woke up and got up. Naju and I had officially broken up but we were still friends. I wouldn't say good friends. But still friends. I walked out of the den of South Rock and went to the side of it into the Lion Guard Lair. I peeked in and luckily, the Lion Guard was there laying down. "Hey, guys, let's go on patrol," I said as I walked away. The Lion Guard got up from resting and ran out of the lair and followed me.

As we were walking, Kesi started to smell something. "Do you smell that?" She asked folding her ears back in an aware way. "I think we can all smell it. It smells disgusting." Kabira complained covering her nose. I said a huge clan of hyenas and pushed everyone down as I said quickly with one quick gasp, "GET DOWN!" As Kabira was hiding behind a short hill full of flowers with the rest of us, she said, "Woah..! That's a lot of hyenas!" "Yeah, but... why are they in the Southlands?" Kesi wondered looking at us. "I don't know. But they're way too big for us all to handle. It looks like there's at least 100 of them." I said
"Can't you just use the Roar?" Naju asked tilting his head in confusion. "Not with the boarder of the the Northlands just inches behind them. The Roar's power could cause the Volcano to erupt. Besides, I don't think I'd hit them all." I said. I looked at them with my ears folded back violently once more then turned to Asha and said, "Asha, tell my mom and dad about this," Asha nodded and ran off. "Naju and Kesi, get all the animals that are on this side away from here." I said. "You got it, boss," Naju smiled. Kesi then ran off with him then hunched down in the tall grass with Naju. "Kabira, keep watch for any ambushes on any of us." I said looking at Kabira. Kabira nodded.

~A while later~

None of the Lion Guard was back so I just decided to ask the hyenas what they were up to. "Hey! What are you guys doing in the Southlands? You're from Chiku's clan!" I snarled. The hyenas started growling and a female who acted to be the leader, walked up to me and said, "I'm Adreana. Leader of the Shadow Clan." "Well I'm Kia who's the leader of the Lion Guard. What are you doing here?" I said a little less firmly. "I'm here to take over the Southlands," Adreana smirked as she pushed my down with her two front paws, causing dust to cover my eyes so I wouldn't be able to see what was going on.

~1 hour later of fighting nonstop~

I was getting super tired and running out of breath. Just then, Dad came running over. "Dad..?" I said in surprise. Dad scared almost all of the hyenas but doing so in the process, he tumbled onto the edge of a cliff. "DAD!" I yelled as I was about to leap over to him but three hyenas blocked my way. I snarled and unleashing my claws which I haven't done in a long time and lashed my claws at them causing them to fall down the cliff. I ran over to my dad and grabbed his scruff trying to pull him up. "Come on, Dad, work with me here!" I managed to say with a muffled mouth. But he seemed like it was too much for him. I knew what was happening and I wasn't gonna let it. "No, no, no. Dad, you can make it! Just pull up!" I said trying not to lose hope. "I love you, Kia," he said which was pretty obvious he thought those were his last words. It was too late before I could get a better grip and he fell. I sat down on the edge and teared up.

I walked down and looked for him. I noticed a tail and walked over to him. "Dad...?" I said walking over to him. "Dad, come on-" I started then knew he couldn't hear me. I knew he was dead. I nuzzled him and lowered my ears. Just then, Naju, Asha, Kesi, Kabira, and the rest of the pride came over. Asha saw what happened and said quickly, "Kia, we're-were all so sorry, w-we tried to get here in time but on our way to tell the royal family there was quicksand and then an elephant herd stamped and then the same thing happened when we ran back with the whole pride. Well minus the quicksand." I didn't answer and just lowered my head and ears, looking at Dad. Mom walked over to him and nudged his nose gently. "Kazija..?" She asked sadly. Everyone in the pride started murmuring "the king", "oh no", "why", and other stuff like that. Nearby in the Northlands, Luna was standing on the tallest rock and asked with her mom standing next to her, "Was this part of your plan? To make me get the hyenas so that they would kill the king?" "Actually, I wanted them to just come into the Northlands and I was gonna ask for them to join our side, start a war, and make it 20% more of a chance that we would win. We don't have that many lionesses, you know." Keres explained with a smirk. "But this is better. Now we only have three royals to take down." Keres added with a smirk. "But you got me in the middle of the death of the king!! Who does that?! Who kills a king?!?!?" Luna yelled as she jumped off the rock and walked away. Keres just rolled her eyes and watched us.

Thanks for reading! For some reason, writing this chapter wasn't really sad for me. Love you all! Just so you know, from now on, the chapters will have quotes on the end that suit what the chapter's about if I can think of one.

Quote: You never know how much you truly love something... until you lose it.