1: Getting Ready For Vacation

"Honey, where's the sunscreen?" Mom called out across the house.

"In the dresser on your side of the bed!" Dad hollered back.

I just ignored them and continue packing. We are going to the beach today. We're going to meet up with our friends and spend the day with them.

A sock hits me in the face and I hear the twins running off. They were suppose to be packing too, but seven year olds have very short attention spans. So after I'm done with my bag I finish up theirs too.

I zip up their bags then take mine out to the truck. On my way back through the kitchen I throw away the bag of Doritos then check my phone. I had several messages from Jenny, since we were meeting up with her and her foster family today.

All five messages were just her asking if we were on our way yet. I smiled a little as I texted her; look behind you. She answered back quickly and I laughed when I read; U JERK! I freaked out and when I turned around I ran into this huge sweaty dude!

I texted back and forth with Jenny until Dad finally came in and yelled for everyone to get in the truck.

After I slid my phone in my pocket I crumbled up the empty chip bag and threw it away before walking out the door. I got in the back seat and helped the twins with their booster seats.