17: Insanity

At the local police station~

A young man hung his head in exhaustion. He had been working all day and ever since the news had aired a few hours earlier, the phones have been ringing nonstop. Most of them were people trying to ask questions, some with false leads, and others... others were just people that probably shouldn't have phones.

The phone rang again and the man straightened up in his chair. He took a deep breath then pressed the button on his ear piece. "You've reached the criminal information hotline, my name is Dave, please state your information clearly."

The line was silent. "Hello? Is anyone there?" Someone breathed on the other end of the line. "Hello?"

"There's been a murder...."

Dave pressed his earpiece in his ear then began to type on his computer. "Excuse me sir, could you please repeat that?"

"I killed the last family on the list..." It was the steady voice of a boy. "I did... but it didn't help... It didn't help!" The boy yelled. The sound of glass breaking sounded in the background.

"C-calm down sir, can you please tell me your name and where you are?" Dave asked, typing rapid on his computer.

"My name is Daniel you idiot! The one who's been on the news. I'm at the house of the rapist that they used to call Marlon Mally-where do you think you're going!?" There was loud screaming then the line went dead.

Daniel threw the phone to the floor. "You get back here you little bitch!" He yelled at the young girl that was trying to crawl away with her arms and legs tied.

Daniel grabbed the girl by her foot and pulled her back into the room. He slammed the door in her face. "I said stay!"

The girl whimpered and began to cry. Daniel gritted his teeth. He reached into his side pocket of his pants, then crouched down in front of the weeping girl. Daniel slide the knife along the girl's cheek, leaving a fresh streak of red behind. "We need to be quiet now, okay?" Daniel said in a voice that would be used to talk to a child. "You wouldn't want to loose any more of that delicious blood, now would you?"

The girl tried to be quiet, but a whimper escaped her lips. Daniel stroked her hair while shushing her. His eyes not on hers, only the cut he had made. Daniel leaned towards her to slowly lick the running blood off her cheek.

The girl cries out....

Daniel didn't mean to, he only meant to hit her....

Daniel stood in the now quiet room. He stared at the mess he made. His eyes followed as the blooded flowed around the knife in the girl's head to the floor where it started to pool.

"I'm sorry Jenny... It was an accident...."