32.

❝ I'm yours to keep and I'm yours to lose❞

 I'm yours to keep and I'm yours to lose

"I think you kept me in this prison for long enough now. Can we go to a party or just do something exciting?" I ask Fai, laying on the bed with my head hanging off the edge, close to the floor. I'm bored out of my mind while Fai is working.

"I'm working on your tattoo," he says as if that's what I asked.

"Cool. I'm still bored."

He lets out a deep sigh, turning off his iPad. "Where do you wanna go?"

I sit up on the bed immediately. "To some club to have fun and wild out." I'm going back to work tomorrow, so there'll at least be something to keep me occupied. I don't think I've ever wanted to go to work this badly and I don't think I've ever missed my job before.

"Suppose we could go. But there'll be ground rules." He levels me with his look.

I roll onto my stomach and put my hands under my head, letting my legs dangle in the air. "Are you going to bring your gun with you?" I ask, biting my bottom lip, my lips pulling up into a smile.

He raises his eyebrow. "It goes where I go, so yeah."

"Nice," I say with a low voice, making his gaze drop before he quickly looks away.

Ah. How easily I learned to distract him. I get up from the bed, going to my phone. "I'll call Harp."

"When did you change your mind about her? You were all about how she's not this kind of girl and these things aren't her thing. You were basically like a mother hen."

I glare at his direction. "I miss her. Bite me, will you?"

He smirks, standing up, too. "I actually might," he says, winking.

I cock my head to the side. "Promises, promises ..." I trail off with a wink of my own.

I clap my hands together in excitement. "Finally something exciting happening!" I exclaim, already writing a text for Harp. Instead of texting me back, Harper actually calls me. "Hello, hello!"