Thirty Eight (Epilogue)

y/n pov

I was putting the last things in place, walking around the house trying to make everything perfect.

     'Angeleyes everything looks perfect, just relax for now.'

I felt Jungkook's hands from my back, around my waist.

     'hmm' I nodded while still working on it, completely ignoring his instruction. He turned me around and took both my hands in his. 

      'Guest will arrive soon.' he stated. I looked at the clock that hung on the wall, and realized that our communicated start time of the party was in already fifteen minutes. 

      'Yes, yes you are right. I just want it to be perfect.' 

      'It looks perfect y/n. I am sure the first guest will arrive early so any moment now.' 

At that exact time the bell rang. 

      'Are you some sort of wizard' I asked dubiously and he chuckled 'If I was, I'd hope you would have figured that out by now.' 

We walked together towards the front door, I opened it and faced our son, Sehun, and his family

      'I still don't get why you are living in the middle of nowhere' he complained to Jungkook. I shook my head with a smile. He would complain about it every single time. He was a real city person, our son, and the only time he'd go to the countryside was probably when he visited us. 

He hugged me and kissed my cheek.

       'It was your mothers' idea.' Jungkook replied. 

        'As I recall it was your idea to build Iron mans house at this lake from scratch' I replied in a defensive way.

        'That's true, but you mentioned it and brought me on the idea' Jungkook said in response. 

       'oh yes when you were crying about his death' I teased, it was one of the memories I still remembered well. One that I cherished a lot. 

         'ah fuck off y/n' Jungkook replied with a laugh. 

       'Father, my children are present, mind your language' Sehun hissed.

        'They are almost adults now' Jungkook said back rolling his eyes.

        'Grandad can we do a ride on your motorbike?' Han asked.

        'and granny can I go on yours?' Ye-ji asked me. 

       'Well guests will arrive soon but if you sleep-over we can do it tomorrow?' I proposed and they both smiled and agreed enthusiastically.

Indeed many guests started to arrive soon after, and the party was full ongoing. Halfway through Sehun stopped the music. 

        'So we prepared a little presentation in celebration of your 50 year marriage anniversary.'

The huge screen started to show pictures from very early onwards in our relationship, even before my marriage to Henry. It wasn't that we took a lot of pictures back then, but one of the members of Jungkook's gang was very much into photography and he took some of us. What was his name again? Kim Taehyung. He would always bring his camera to the get-togethers. 

There were no pictures from our 7-year gap, obviously, but it was okay because we had all the pictures of all the years after.

Sehun had a playful smile on his face. I knew something was coming.