"i married my wife, your sister a virgin and i can boldly say that my wife, your sister, will never betray me. She's not like you who will go any length to get laid, no. If it'll interest you to know, she told me about it so stop looking for lame excuses to break your sister's home."

To his surprise, she started crying.

"And i thought you loved me Micheal, i thought i meant something to you. Even if she told you, are you there? Do you know what's happening behind closed doors? You're forgetting that i'm the one who has a spy in Abj right now. That barrister went into her room about an hour ago and he's not yet out this minute, yet, you tell me that you trust her. Even if you married her a virgin, it doesn't prove anything, people change. Remember, i too wasn't like this." she sobbed and hung up.

She was right. He has to call her back, he has hurt her emotions. When she didn't pick up, he quickly grafted a text and left the house, he was going to speak to her, apologise and then make up for lost time.

As he drove to her house, so many thoughts filled his head, what was the barrister doing in his wife's room for the past one hour?
So Claire was cheating on him and here he was, thinking their marriage was now perfect.
They could have still met by coincidence, he understood that part but going into her room and not coming out, he won't hear of it.
Even if he was seeing a thousand women, it was her job to bring him back to his factory reset and not screw some other men to get revenge.

He got to the house of his mistress and honked, the gate man opened the gate and he drove in. He locked the car and ran to the stairs that would lead to her flat.

She saw him drive in and she smiled. He was just so wrapped around her that he would do anything to grant her happiness.
She went to the door, opened it and walked back to the dinning where she was playing snakes and ladders with a box of golden morn.
The door opened as she took a spoon of the milky cereal.

"Baby!" He called out, entering the sitting room.
He saw her at the dinning and walked to her.

"Baby, I'm so sorry. I...."

"What are you doing here? It's me, that girl who'll do anything to get laid, that girl who is no longer a virgin so tell me what you're doing here."

"Honey, I've wronged you by not believing you but you see, I didn't know that Claire would do that to me, she called and told me that they all met and spent time together so......"

"Please, leave my house before I do something nasty."

He squatted before her and held her knees.

"Give me whatever punishment you deem fit, I deserve it but don't ask me to leave, don't ask me to leave from here because it'll kill me. You don't lie to me, you go to any length to satisfy me so why should I leave you?"

She stood up and backed him.

"A month ago, I left your house. You didn't ask how I was gonna cope. You watched your wife throw me out of the house and you said nothing. A week later, we made up, you frequented this place like it was your home. I gave you my love and my body, something your wife denied you and then you got tired of me and went back to your wife. What could I do, I had to show you that she's not who she claims to be. Yet, you still doubt me."

She turned around to him.

"What crime have I committed that you'll treat me like this Mike?"

He felt for her. He quickly wrapped her in his arms, promising sweet nonsense. He missed the mischievous grin on her face. She had him just where she wanted him.

**********

ONE WEEK LATER

She was done parking. The company car that would take her to the airport was waiting downstairs. She had signed every necessary paper and her face was now running on all social media platform as the new face of jiji but she was not happy.
Her husband has refused to pick her calls since that Sunday. He had not replied any of her messages or even congratulated her on her new endorsement.