She opens the door to her car and steps out.

She locks her car and walks into the building.

She automatically starts feeling nervous as she moves her sunglasses to the top of her head and scans the room for Jim.

She doesn't see him anywhere. She doesn't like the idea of waiting by herself.

"Can I help you ma'am," one of the hostess's say.

"Uh yes. I'm looking for my friend, Jim Root. He's like 6 foot 6 you can't miss him," Ember explains.

The lady nods and points to a booth in the corner of the room.

She sees Jim and lets out a sigh of relief.

"Thank you," she tells the hostess as she heads in the direction of Jim.

She hesitantly sits down across from Jim at the booth.

"Hi, sorry I'm late," she mutters.

Jim smiles at her.

"Don't worry about it. I'm glad you came," Jim chuckles.

Ember nods and Jim hands her a menu.

Ember scans the menu frantically.

"Are you okay?" Jim asks as he stops looking through his menu to study Ember.

"Yeah I'm great," Ember says.

Jim doesn't say anything he just continues to stare at Ember and observe her.

She's extremely fidgety. Her foot keeps bouncing, she keeps chewing on her bottom lip.

"Come here," Jim demands.

"What?" Ember asks as she looks over at Jim.

"Come here," Jim repeats.

"Why?" Ember asks nervously.

"Just do it," Jim tells calmly her.

Ember hesitates but then moves around the booth and over to Jim's side.

Jim pulls Ember into a hug and she hesitates before hugging him back.

Jim rubs her back comfortingly and she can feel herself relaxing.

She snuggles into Jim's neck and breathes in his scent. He smells like men's cologne and the faint scent of cigarettes.

"You're okay Ember. I'm not going to let any one hurt you. We can leave if you want. You seem uncomfortable," Jim says into Ember's hair.

Ember shakes her head.

"I'm fine. I'm just nervous," Ember says.

"Why?" Jim asks as he pulls away from her a little so he can look her in the eye.

"I don't know. People make me nervous sometimes," Ember says as she brushes her hair out of her face.

Jim nods.

"You don't have to be nervous though. I won't let anything happen to you," Jim tells her.