106

Another busy week had passed.

I had to go to the studio today so I could hear the final cuts to all the songs and approve of them, then I was going to go costume shopping with the girls.

I couldn't believe my birthday was next week again, it was crazy how fast time went. My dad was going to fly in a couple days before and I was so excited because I even convinced him to dress up for Halloween. I have no idea what he's planning on doing but I'm excited nonetheless.

"Mama." Mia said as I undid her car seat buckles, "yes sweet girl?" I asked and pulled her into my arms, "dada." She said as I shook my head, "daddy is at home. You get to hear mommy's music today, are you excited?" I asked and bounced her on my hip.

"YAH." She said and wrapped her arms around my neck. "Good! Let's goooo!" I said and ran to the door as she giggled loudly.

"Hey! There's my favorite recording artist." Bryan said as he put his glasses down on the table. "Oh my god, and the cutest baby in the world." He said and pinched Mia's cheek as she giggled,

"hey Bryan. I hope you don't mind that I brought her." I said as he shook his head, "no honestly it's good she's here, nobody is more honest than a toddler." He said as I nodded, "that's true." I said and sat down at the soundboard with Mia in my arms.

"Alright. Are you ready? After we listen to all of these your album could very well be done, are you ready for that?" Bryan asked as he typed something in to his computer. "I'm ready." I said and bounced Mia on my lap. "Okay, here we go then." He said then played the first track.

As soon as it started playing I could feel the tears of joy flooding my eyes. I think I just realized what we were doing.

We were actually listening to my album.

The album I worked so hard on was finished.

It was surreal.

"Mama!" Mia yelled and smiled happily at me as my voice sang through the speakers, "yeah, you like?" I asked as she nodded and sucked on her fingers. "Looks like song number one is Mia approved!" I said as Bryan nodded, "is it Cora approved?" He asked as I nodded, "Cora approved." I said Mia leaned her head back so it was resting on my chest.

We went through the next couple songs, Mia bounced along to them which meant she was really enjoying the album. Weirdly enough her opinion meant more to me than anyone else's.

When we got to the song Colby and I recorded Mia perked up. She giggled as soon as she heard Colby's voice, "DADA." She said and looked up at me, "yeah! That's daddy's voice. Doesn't he sound good?" I asked as she threw her arms around happily, "DADAAAAA!" She screamed as I shook my head.

"I'm proud of him too." I said and kissed her head as the song finished. "Mia approved?" I asked and pinched her cheek. "Ya." She said as I nodded, "Cora approved, too." I said as Bryan nodded. "Okay last track." He said and started playing it.

"Wanna dance with me honey?" I asked Mia as she looked at me with a smile on her face. "Huh?" She said as I laughed, "dance! Come on." I said and put her on her feet then crouched down to grab her hands as the upbeat song played.

She bounced around happily as I spun her and shimmied my hips, "FUN!" She said and giggled as she jumped up and down. "It is fun! I think this one is Mia and Cora approved!" I said as Bryan threw his hands in the air.