58

As soon as we got off the plane I felt the warm tropical air hitting my skin, sending me a wave of happiness. Mia giggled in Colby's arms as we walked through the airport with all of our friends.

"Okay so the Airbnb host sent me instructions on how to get in so we can just go straight there to grt settled in." Sam said as we stood at baggage claim.

"Sounds good, what's the plan for today?" Corey asked as I grabbed our bags from the moving belt. "Well I was thinking we could grab some dinner and maybe eat it at the house, then explore the beach or something." Sam said as we started walking towards the exit of the airport.

"That's a great idea, what do you guys think?" Colby asked as I nodded, "sounds good." I said quietly and listened to everyone agree.

"Jake?" Tara asked and hit his arm as he zoned out, "sorry. I was just thinking about the dream I had on the flight, there was a dolphin with a coconut bra on and-" he said as we walked out but was interrupted by an older woman who put a laie around his neck, "welcome to Hawaii!" She said happily as a bunch of people walked to each of us, putting the flowers around our necks.

Mia giggled and nuzzled into Colby's neck as the older woman put one around her neck, "we are in Hawaii, Mia!" I exclaimed and took her hand in mine, waving it around.

"Haiii." She said and looked at me with a smile, "close enough." I said and brushed my finger along her cheek. "Thank you, by the way." I said to the older woman who smiled a warm smile at me, "enjoy your visit." She said as I nodded, still feeling a little numb inside.

I would rather be numb than sad.

We piled into our Ubers and made our way to the house we were staying in. I zoned out again as I looked out the window at the palm trees and beaches that we passed. "Cor." Colby mumbled and nudged me with his shoulder, "sorry." I said and shook my head, then looked at him.

"Are you okay?" He asked and took my hand in his, "I'm okay." I said and squeezed his hand reassuringly.

I hated that he was so worried about me all the time, not because it was annoying but because he should be spending this time enjoying Hawaii, not worrying about me.

I guess when your wife tries to jump off of a mountain it can cause a little bit of stress though.

"Don't worry about me, Colby. I'm seriously okay." I said and kissed his cheek as Mia giggled happily at the ocean.

"You'll tell me if that changes right?" He asked and rubbed my hand with his thumb, "I will, I promise." I said and smiled at him.

After another few minutes we pulled up to the huge beach house that was along the ocean, "it's so pretty!" Kat squealed as I smiled at Colby widely. "Let's go!" Sam said and got out of the car as Mia giggled, reaching towards the ocean, "alright Moana relax." I said and smoothed her hair down before getting out of the car.

Jake, Tara, Devyn, and Corey were already running into the house as Sam, Kat, Colby, and I got our stuff out of the car. "How much you wanna bet Jake and Tara are already claiming the master bedroom?" Sam asked as I laughed, "oh 100%." I said as we slowly made our way into the house.

It was absolutely gorgeous with an open concept, the kitchen was straight ahead, opening up to the huge living room with a giant window that looked out into the ocean. To the left was the master bedroom and one other room.

"No! We got here first!" Tara yelled with a laugh from the master bedroom, "nope! Devyn and I won!" Corey said as he came out of the room carrying Tara over his shoulder, "put me down Shrek!" Tara yelled and smacked his back as Jake laughed, "yes! I LOVE YOU!" He said and clapped his hands with amusment.