Chapter 17

I am so sorry for the delay!!! Work was really tiresome and my dorky boyfriend demanded attention.....*sigh* he's such a child....

Anyways! I'm adding a twist in with the Transformers Rescue Bots....thought I'd bump up the numbers...and add some Heat Wave action! He's always asking to be on the field....poor bot... Frownie face.... :(

Way ward to the story!!!

I don't own anything from transformers except my OC!

/////////////////////////

I paled and clutched Optimus closer. I had no protection. No firepower. No back up. No Autobot to come to my rescue.

"Scrap." Was all I could muster and the red eyes landed on me. I heard a snarl and a weapon charging up. I did the only thing I could. Run like hell.

"Optimus! I need you to hang onto me." I yelled as I heard thundering footsteps following me.

Optimus became half alert, sensing that I was in danger, as well as himself. He grabbed ahold of my tight shirt and wrapped his legs as best as he could around my waist.

A blast flew over me and I screeched to a halt, veering to the right. "Sit still, human!" It roared. I gasped as I saw its claws coming over us. I easily jerked to the left and ran down the hills.

"Cody!" Will yelled as I heard gun shots going off. I heard an angry roar. "Die you insolent fleshling!" I head it charge up and shoot.

I felt the ground heat up at my feet, causing me to cry out in pain and I was thrown I to the air, doing summer salts, Optimus whirling and clicking worriedly.

I hit the ground with my back, making a quick turn so I wouldn't squish Optimus in the process.

"CODY!" I gasped for air as the air from my lungs were forced out. Optimus was shaking my shirt, trying to warn me, but I was seeing stars.

"Still alive, are we? What's this? Is this....Optimus Prime? Oh, I could just, squish you!" The con..I think... Squealed.

I growled and grabbed Optimus. I covered him with myself. "You'll have to go through me first." I said, mustering up courage and a little energy.

"My-Ack!" I heard a gun...no a cannon go off. I heard a crash behind me. The con was howling in pain.

I heard someone running over to me. "Get up, Cody! We have to move!" I got up and held Optimus tightly. The hand on my arm tightened as we swerved through large feet.

"Get in Chase! He'll take you back to base!" I nodded and jumped into the police cruiser's drivers seat and we took off.

"Excuse me." I blinked at the new voice. Optimus head perked up. "In which way is the base?" I blinked again. I opened my mouth but a huge transformer landed in front of us. I dropped Optimus in the lap of the man next to me. I grabbed the steering wheel. I jerked it to the right and missed the leg. I heard Squeaks and huffes from behind me.

"Hold onto something!" I said and pressed on the gas and we darted down the road, the Con shooting after us in a rage. I huffed and winced as I remembered my feet. "Slow down! Will you?" I growled. "Can it, buddy." I said, turning sharply onto the main road as 'Chase' turned on his flashing lights. As the cars parted, I sped up.

I saw the enterance and slammed on the breaks. I looked at the guard. "Ms. Lennox." I nodded and he opened the gate. I sped through and squealed around the corner to see a few humans waiting for us. Including Mearing. I slowed to a stop and opened the door. I grabbed Optimus and stepped out. I opened the back door and the other bots rushed out, clinging to my legs as Mearing came up to us.

"Cody! Are you alright?" I nodded shakily. "You look worse than yester...You're feet are bleeding." I looked down and winced. Ratchet and Dad patted my legs. I heard thudding and a familiar blue bot came into view. Jolt.

I started swaying. "Whoa!" A guy said and came to catch me. Two actually. "Chase, go back and help the others." A deep voice yelled and the police car took off. I was suddenly swung into someones arms. I blinked and saw a man with greay hair and a grey mustashe. I saw a guy with red hair walking just behind him with a girl on the otherside.

"We can do intorductions later. Jolt, can you assist her?" I looked up at Jolt. He nodded and held out a hand. "You will have to put Optimus down, Dakota." I looked at Optimus and he nodded. I looked at the older man and handed him over. The man held him carefully. Optimus watched until Jolt turned and carried me away from the group.

Jolt brought me to a room and gently set me on a berth. He began inspecting me. "If Ratchet were normal, he'd be glitching at your condition." He glanced at me. I sighed. "Not my fault." I said, wincing as he wrapped my feet. "No, but you could have had someone else step in." I scoffed. "They wouldn't let anyone help. They threw a fit if it wasn't me." I sighed heavily.

"Well, I am keeping you here over night to get rest." He gently scooped me up and set me on a smaller bed. He stood and went to the door. "Thanks Jolt." He paused and looked at me. "You are welcome." He opened the door and walked out. I grabbed my pillow and closed my eyes and yawned. Maybe I could get some good sleep. For once.

__________________________________________________________________________________

I spoke too soon.

Something hard and a little heavy was moving on my chest area. I blinked and looked down. It was Sunny and Sides. I saw the others laying next to me in a peaceful slumber. I let my head fall back onto the pillow and mentally groaned. I started shifting to lay in my side as I moved the twins. I moved them to in front of me, next to Magnus and Ratchet.

MudFlap and Skids decided that my feet were nice pillows and didn't move otherwise. Optimus was curled around my pillow next to my face. Thankfully his head was in my face and not his feet. Like the last time. Gave me a nice bruise on my forehead. He freaked when he woke uo, but after a coule hours of, "I'm fine. It doesn't hurt." He calmed down.

The three firs were near my knees and Dad was at my throat. I smiled and held Sunny, Side, Magnus and Ratchet close and snuggled into my pillow as a couple of them shifted to get a better position.Bee was behind me, but decided to sleep sprawled over my side. He was so adorable!

The door opened. "-find them anywhere!" I heard a slight hiss. "She's going to have my head.....Awe.... that's so cute." I heard a sigh with a smile. "Go tell them we found them." Will said, walking closer. I heard fabric rustle and something being draped over us. A blanket. He kissed my head and I heard a click from a camera.

The door opened again. "You found-" "Shhh!" Will hissed. "They're fine if they're with her. C'mon. Let them sleep. Its been a long dat. For all of us." I heard Will shoving everyone out of the room and the door closed. I sighed in relief and slowly fell back to sleep.

/////////////////////////////////

Sorry if this was a short chapter... I am making abother one right now. I have to cram for my drivers permit and then go drop off applications tomorrow for a secondary job....Ugh...I hate life... Best of luck to you all with writing and whoever has school!