Play Pretend (Calum Hood Fluff)

Start from the beginning

(Y/N's POV)
The night is chilly but the crowd inside the house is not really fitting for me. There is noise, and loud, thumping music which makes my ears kinda hurt, so I excused myself from the company. Michael's birthday is a great opportunity to celebrate him and the upcoming end of the tour, but my blues are not fitting in with the party.
So, the breeze that is hitting my face, along with the bit of the peace and quiet the balcony is offering me, makes me feel calmer, more at home, even though I am miles away.
"Drinking alone?" I hear someone ask, making me jump as my blood freezes in my veins. I turn to locate the voice, finding Calum walking closer to me.
"Is that bothering you as well?" I ask him, cocking an eyebrow at him. He chuckles, stopping next to me and leaning on the rail of the balcony.
"Care if I join you?" He asks me, making me shrug.
"Look, dude, I really don't need you offending me again. So, if you are here to jab at me to make yourself feel better, please, just go." I state, not even looking at him. I hear his breath hitch, but he stays motionless, still leaning against the rail.

There is silence among us, the only thing heard is the music from the party, muffled by the closed windows. I turn my head to look at Calum, to find out what he is doing, only to find him staring at me. He doesn't take his gaze from me when I catch him looking, which makes me look at him with a frown.
"Alright, what are you looking at?" I ask him, coming off more like an attack than I intended to.
"What? Can't I just look at you?" He asks, shrugging his shoulders.
"No." I reply and he cocks an eyebrow.
"No? Who is prohibiting me?" He asks, taking a swig from his cup.
"Me. Every time you look at me, you end up saying hurtful things. And I really don't deserve it. Especially tonight." I explain. He just sighs in disappointment, looking at his hands for a moment before bringing his eyes to mine.
"You look pretty tonight." He shrugs, still not looking away from me.
"What happened, Hood? Did you run out of girls to hit on and stoop low to my level?" I ask with a chuckle, but he looks at me so softly, that the smile freezes on my face.
"You were always the one above me. And no, you are the only girl I am hitting on tonight." He says confidently.
"How much did you drink?" I ask but he hums sarcastically.
"None. I have been drinking soda all night." He replies, showing me his cup.
"You have been a bitch to me until now. Why hit on me tonight?" I ask him.
"I figured out that being mean to you didn't make me like you any less." He shrugs, making me squint at him.
"I know. It was an asshole move on my behalf, and totally toxic, so I am sorry. Look, I don't mean to upset you, I just wanted to let it off my chest and apologize. I hope we won't be awkward for the last few shows." He says softly, making me feel the honesty in his voice.
"I'll see you around, I guess." He says, waving me off before he walks away from me.
His shoulders are slouched and he walks away slowly, and for some reason, I stay speechless over his little confession.

After that night, Calum and I have been awfully awkward. Everyone is whispering around after our every and each of our interactions, which only makes things more awkward than they should be.
And now, after the last show is done and while everyone is having a small party backstage for the end of the tour, my insides have been itching me. My heart wants me to move and talk to him, but my body and mind just tell me to bury this inside me.
He looks so sad, sneaking peeks at me from across the room as he talks with someone from his crew.
I bite my lip and take a deep breath, making sure my chest puffs up from it before I shake myself off and drag my feet towards him.
"Can we talk?" I ask him once I am standing before him. He looks up to me from his seat, nodding his head before he gets up.
"Sure." He replies, letting me guide us somewhere private.

We reach the empty dressing room, and I make sure I close the door behind us before turning to look at him.
"Listen, (Y/N)... If you want to talk about what I said the other day, we don't have to address this. I just wanted to let it out, we don't have to say anything more now. I know you are probably feeling, I don't know, awkward about what I said, but you don't have to say anything, we are fine, I promise." He mumbles, making me roll my eyes at him.
"Will you shut up for a moment and let me kiss you?" I ask him, making him look at me with a furrow.
"What?" He asks me back, still confused which only makes me smirk at him.
"Not the sharpest tool in the den, huh?" I wiggle my eyebrows, leaning up to bring my lips on his. He is taken aback for a second, just a second though, before he brings his arm behind my back to support me and bring me closer to him. I am tightly pressed against his body, feeling his chest inflate and fall as we kiss.
I push us back until he is sitting on the little couch of the room, not breaking the kiss, until I am straddling him. My hands cup his face, fingers tracing his cheeks as we both deepen the kiss. His lips are soft and plumb, and he makes such cute little sounds as we kiss that make me wanna get drunk on him.
His fingers are toying with the belt loops of my jeans, carefully not to even touch the skin exposed by my top rising. Which quite frankly, makes him look really hot.
"You are a great kisser, have you been told?" He asks me, parting from me to catch his breath.
"Yeah... But never by someone who's a greater kisser than me." I reply, making him chuckle. He brings his hand to the back of my head, bringing his lips on mine now, while he smiles against them.
"You smell so good." I moan, throwing my head back and causing his lips to slide down my neck.
"Do I, now?" He mumbles, lips still on my skin.
"So good." I whine, aching for him to find my sweetspot.
The music is thumping against the walls, while Calum and I sync to it, moving our lips to the rhythm.
It feels nice, like we have come a long way in just a couple of days, and that really makes me warm and fuzzy on the inside.