chapter 76: when old feelings resurface

Start from the beginning

"What about you?" Byulyi tried her best to change the subject as quickly as she could. "What have you been up to?"

"I'm working as a chef!"

"A chef?" Byulyi frowned. "I never really remembered you taking an interest in cooking though? I thought you enjoyed writing just like me..."

"Ah, about that-" Sandeul pursed his lips. "Well... you see..."

Byulyi furrowed her eyebrows, eyeing him suspiciously. "What?"

Sandeul ruffled his hair nervously. "I only pretended that I liked it because you did."

Byulyi froze.

"Well, you see-" Sandeul let out a shy chuckle as he avoided eye contact with Byulyi. "I may or may not have had the smallest crush on you back in middle school."

An awkward silence ensued.

"Well, since you're being so upfront with me, let me be honest with you too-" Byulyi hesitated a little. "I liked you back in middle school too. A lot."

Sandeul's eyes lit up.

"And actually, I don't write action novels anymore-" Byulyi decided to be honest. "I used to write them because I knew you liked them. I write romcom novels now. Romance and comedy."

Silence.

Byulyi slowly lifted her eyes to meet Sandeul's, only to see that he was smiling brightly at her.

"Moon Byulyi, you're freaking cool."

-•-•-

"Has everyone unpacked and rested up?"

Kim PD yelled into the microphone, trying to hype up the cast members. Meanwhile, Jennie, Jungkook, Joohyun and Taehyung stood in a row, looking like they absolutely hated to be there - especially Jungkook.

"I know the weather is extremely hot right now, but please try to bear with it! Instead, let's get this done quickly! Alright? I want bright excited smiles on your faces, you hear me? That's right! Jennie-ssi! Beautiful smile! V-ssi! Don't forget that we're starting off with your line, alright? Just follow the script on the screen over here will do! Nice! Everyone, ready? 3... 2... 1... action!"

The four of them clapped their hands excitedly and smiled as the cameras started rolling.

"Wah!" Taehyung glanced briefly at the script before scanning his surroundings. "We're finally here, guys! Joohyun-ssi, do you know where we are?"

"Well..." Joohyun grinned as she turned to the camera. "We're at Nami Island! Everyone, I'm sure everyone know where Nami Island is, am I right? Isn't it beautiful? We're currently filming in the summer, so the sun is out and the weather is perfect! Don't you think so, Jennie-ssi?"

"I really do think so, Joohyun-ssi!" Jennie added a few adlibs in her facial expressions, doing a great job as a rising star in the acting industry. "It's sunny, yet also windy! I love this place, guys! Don't you think, JK?"

Jungkook sounded dead. "Yes, I think so, Jennie."

Yoongi shook his head behind one of the cameras, Jimin nudged Seokjin in the ribcage and Jieun pursed her lips, trying not to laugh.

"Guys!" Joohyun held onto Taehyung's arm dramatically. "My stomach- My stomach-"

"Oh, no! Joohyun-ssi!" Jennie reached out and steadied her. "Are you okay? What's wrong?"

Joohyun smiled sheepishly as she got to her feet. "I'm hungry... can we have lunch now?"

"Speaking of that, I'm a little hungry too!" Taehyung said, completely scripted. "Let's have lunch, guys!"