CHAPTER 21

When I wake up on Friday morning, Harry isn't in bed with me. I don't think much of it, though. He's texted me saying he had some errands to run before heading back to Gloucestershire. As I lay in bed, it dawns on me that I actually told him I loved him. Well, I did, but he was asleep, so he probably didn't hear me.

Still, though, I finally said the words out loud. In a way, it feels freeing because I know I've been feeling this way for a while. I've never been in love, so this feels all so new to me. Is this how it is? Your every thought being about that person, getting butterflies whenever you see them.

For me, with Harry, it's not just the physical attraction and the passion between us. It's the way that I can ultimately be myself around him, how I'm not afraid to say what's on my mind. He says it's easy with me, and I feel the same way. He makes me laugh so much my ribs hurt, and he's so in tune with my moods, he knows when something is wrong.

Now that I've said it out loud, nothing is stopping me from saying it to his face at all. My train leaves at noon, I decided to take an early train back so I can get some work done ahead of time. I do have a few deadlines coming up, so I might as well get some of it done ahead of time.

I finish getting ready and make sure everything is in order before I leave. My mum will have my neck if I leave her house different from how I met it. When I arrive at the train station, I text Harry.

Hey you, just about to hop on the train. See you on the other side. I wonder if I should have added a heart emoji, but maybe that's a bit much.

Hey, sounds good! See you soon.

Is that it?

Or maybe I'm just overthinking it. I hate when you can't figure out a person's tone through text, I always tend to worry. I do wish he was coming back with me. It would be nice to have the company; he's taking the later train with Niamh and Dean. Iris should be home when I get back, and I'm excited to hear all about her trip.

Two hours later, I'm back at the flat. As much as I love going back home, I always feel a sense of peace when I'm in this environment. After being away from home, the majority of the time, and living in Gloucestershire for the last three years, this is my safe space.

As soon as I walk in, I hear.

"What took you so long, bish?"

"Excuse me if everything doesn't revolve around your schedule," I reply but throw my arms around her "I missed you, even if it's only been a week."

"Missed you too babes, how are the parentals?" she asks as I set my bags down.

"Great, they left for a trip yesterday, though. So I had the house to myself." and Harry came over, and we had sex.

"That's good to hear! I'm sure it must have been nice."

"It was! But enough about me. How was the trip with Connor?"

Iris' face lights up with the brightest smile I've ever seen her wear, and she starts gushing literally. She tells me how amazing Connor is and all the things he did for her. They went to Positano for the week, and she shows me all the pictures.

She talks about the food and how Connor made sure they went to the best restaurants so they could have the best experience. My heart is so full for her, but at the same time, I feel a stab of jealousy. I wish I could flaunt what Harry and I are doing too, but for now, all that is is sex.

"I think I may be in love with him," she says finally.

"Have you told him that?" I ask.

"No, not yet, but I want to!"