CHAPTER 13

"Why?"

Just when I think I can put some space between us, Harry keeps pulling me closer, and it's so confusing. One minute he wants to be friends, and now he wants to kiss me.

"I just want to."

"Harry, you're not making sense, you said you want to be friends. We can't do this."

He makes me want to be reckless with him, but if I allow him to kiss me, I know it will only deepen what I already feel for him, plus I'm supposed to be giving Jake a chance, kissing Harry right now will complicate things further.

"We can, though," he says, touching my cheek, his touch is distracting, I need to be thinking clearly, but one kiss wouldn't hurt, right? But if we do, I wouldn't be able to hide it from the girls, Iris especially, that girl can smell something fishy from a mile away. It's not lost on me that he hasn't answered my question.

"You say that now, but every single time we've kissed, you've taken it back."

"I don't mean to. This is just different for me."

"You keep saying that, but you never tell me how it's different."

"I don't know how to explain it." See this is what confuses me when he says these things, how am I supposed to not fall deeper in love with him. Granted, he doesn't know how I feel. I shouldn't be making any reckless decisions.

Say we kiss now when we go back to town, is he going to revert to the Harry that just wants to be friends. Us being away could just be what's adding to this whole situation. The many sides of Harry Easton are constantly giving me whiplash. He catches me off guard by pressing his lips to mine.

Damn it all to hell, he knows what he's doing, and he knows I never think straight around him, at first I don't want to kiss him back. Still, my head and hormones are telling each other different things. He tries to deepen the kiss, and my hormones win this round because my mouth opens, and he slips his tongue into my mouth.

I never learn, but I will deal with the consequences later. This kiss is different; his lips are warm and demanding. His hand slides down my body and hooks my leg tighter around his waist. I take advantage of the fact that he's shirtless and runs my hands down his chest and abs, they are impeccable. I'm lost in him and this kiss, I don't want to think about after. I'm perfectly happy being in his arms right now.

He breaks the kiss and starts kissing my neck, and it's that damn spot again, I gasp, and he chuckles against my neck. He brings his lips back to mine, seems like we'll avoid another hickey fiasco. His hands move underneath my tank, and he breaks the kiss again to look at me, his green eyes meet mine asking for permission, I nod slightly, and his hands move higher, my skin feels like it's on fire with every touch.

I am incredibly turned on, and like earlier, I mean, pool in my panties turned on, not that I'm wearing any right now, but he doesn't know that. I don't know how far I'll let this go. On the one hand, I should probably stop him before we go beyond a point of no return; on the other hand, I don't want to stop. His large hand cup my boob and his finger brushes over my nipple, it's the one with the piercing.

His eyes meet mine immediately when he realizes it is what he thinks it is, and I see the lust there, he wants me and boy do I want him too. He shifts us, and I'm underneath him now, my legs tightening around his waist. I know I'm being absolutely reckless right now. His lips are on mine again, and he's grinding against me, are we doing this? Yes, we are.

One of my hands moves around his neck, and the other is running through his hair, tugging at the roots, and he groans against my lips. I like the sound. As he moves against me, I can feel how hard he is, one move, and this will go further than it should. I guess the universe is trying to save me from being stupid further because there's a sudden knock on the door and