FOURTY: i love you?

"jenna?" the words pass my lips in utter shock. i stand there, frozen as jenna scrambles over the bed and almost trips getting off. she manages to stay up and fling herself into my arms. i slowly wrap my arms around her, stunned that my once best friend has practically come back from the dead. "i-i thought you had been killed" i mumble still unable to get over the feeling of jenna in my arms.

she nuzzles her head in my shoulder and pulls away. she looks at me for a second and gives me another quick hug. "i can't believe it's really you either" she marvels, "i mean i knew you wouldn't be dead because hello, finn dixon doesn't die but for you to be here. i-i can't believe it"

"i can't either" i laugh wildly, still unable to control my speeding heartbeat.

she turns her head and looks over at carl. "carl grimes, well i'll be dammed" she bubbles, taking him in a tight hug. carl awkwardly hugs her back which is slightly relieving considering their past. she pulls away and smiles at him, "no hat?"

we both chuckle, "it's uh back home" i don't think he realized his choice of words but they hit me like a truck. this place? home? seeing jenna has eased me up but i'm still unsure.

jenna suddenly become aware of everyone else in the room with a little jump. she turns around with a huge smile to meet the three teenagers with confused expressions. "we were part of the same group a while back" she explains. the boys nod their heads and the girl looks back down at her comic, uninterested. jenna looks back at us, "anyways, finn and carl, these are my friends, ron, as you know, mikey, and enid" she points as each person and they all give us a wave.

mikey laughs, "oh please jenna, we all know
you and enid are more than just friends"

i look at jenna, confused. she turns around, her cheeks turning red. this has to be the first time i've seen jenna embarrassed. "he's right. enid is my uh girlfriend" jenna mumbles, avoiding eye contact.

i feel a big smile form on my face as my heart swells for jenna. "no fucking way" i laugh. jenna meets my eyes, tears brimming in hers. i swiftly take her in a hug. she lets out a choked laughter, "thank you finn"

"hey! let me join!" i hear exclaim from behind me. i feel his arm wrap around my waist as he squeezes us together. we all laugh together as we pull away.

jenna wipes a tear from her eye and glances back at enid. enid flashes her a smile and goes back to her comic. the room seems to finally calm which is ron's cue to ask, "hey carl wanna play some video games?"

he glances at me, his eyes wide. i could tell just the word video games made his heart stop. i give him a quick nod, telling him to play. i wanted to catch up with jenna first and anyway he should have some fun before i come and dominate all of them. he smiles widely giving me a quick squeeze on the hand before rushing over to the other side of the room to play.

i turn towards the bed only to see jenna sitting criss cross, eyes wide, and a sly smile plastered on her face. "don't you dare" i command with huff knowing well that it wouldn't stop jenna in any way.

"get your ass over here" she whispers excitedly, patting the spot on the bed next to her. i reluctantly crawl onto the bed and plot down next to her. the moment my butt hits the bedding she leans forward, "i knew it. i knew it this whole time bitch" she points her finger into my face before taking my hands in hers, "you have to tell me everything. right now. whole story or else, you hear me?"

i let out a deep sigh, "i hear you" i rack my
brain remembering the time carl and i have had together. i look back at him yelling at the tv screen and smile, "i don't know where to start"

jenna rolls her eyes playfully, "fine i'll help. first kiss, go"

i laugh as i remember our first kiss in the church. it was so awkward but so fitting. "i don't remember how long ago it was" i trail off as everything else floods through my memory; terminus, losing claire, beth, starvation. i quickly shake off those memories and focus on the good ones, "it started it all. he kisses me in an old church while everyone was away"