ELEVEN: the infection pt 2

I wake up and throw myself onto my side. I throw up blood everywhere. I can feel the red liquid drip down my mouth as I roll back over into my bed but I don't have any energy to wipe it off. I just lay there covered in my own terrible smelling blood vomit.

It takes my eyes a second to adjust to the lighting but when they do I notice I'm no longer outside. I'm in a strange looking cell and in a bed that isn't mine.

I try to sit up to get a better look around the place but I can't. I don't have enough energy to move. I also try to say something but my throat hurts too badly to speak.

I lay there in foreign bed trying to figure out where I am and what to do when I start to feel my throat burn even worse. I reach my hand out and try to feel for some water but there's none there.

My throat continues to get worse to the point where it hurts to breath in. I pull my hands up to feel my neck and I start to panic. I feel my throat get bigger and bigger and my airways get smaller.

I try to scream but I can't get any air into my lungs to do so. I start to flail around in my bed clawing at my throat. I knock over some metal tools next to my bed with my elbows which causes a huge crashing noise.

This noise causes Hershel to limp in and see me fighting for my life. I hear someone yell something and I start to feel hands pin me down. I fight the hands and continue to try to breathe in but it's no use. No air is getting in. I feel the room start to spin and everything goes dark once again

——————

I wake up with a gasp and I realize that I can finally get air to my lungs. I feel the air run through my throat and it feels amazing.

I try to sit up again and this time it works. I look around to find Hershel standing in the doorway.

"Up so soon?" he laughs as he walks in.

I try to talk but my throat still hurts too bad to speak.

Hershel notices this and quickly limps out of the room. When he comes back he has a cup in his hands. He hands me the cup and I chug the liquid inside. Immediately my throat starts to feel better.

"Thank you" I say in a raspy voice.

Hershel laughs again, "No problem."

I look around the room to see a bloody looking tube and some other tools lying around. "What the hell happens to me?"

Hershel's face goes solemn. "You got sick. It's some kind of flu and it's very contagious. You were asleep most of the time after you passed out but you did wake up once and you couldn't breathe so we put the tube down your throat to help." he explained.

"Was it the same thing Patrick had?" I asked and Hershel nodded.  I was surprised that I was still alive. How could Patrick die from something that I had just lived through?

Hershel who seemed like he was reading my thoughts said, "I gave you some elderberry tea to keep help you." he paused for a second before continuing, "You're a fighter, Finn. You didn't give up and it paid off."

"Thank you again for saving me"

"No problem. You should be better in no time. Your dad is supposed to get back with the meds soon and then you will all be cured but for now you have to stay here. It's too dangerous to have anyone come in or out." Hershel said.

Hershel started to limp out of the room but I stopped him. "Is Claire okay?" I blurted.

Hershel turned around and smiled, "She's just fine." and with that he walked out of the room leaving me alone with my thoughts.

XXX

Whoops this chapter was sooooo short. Again i'm so sorry. I promise the next chapters are a lot better!

I never know what to say in these things so yeah.

Q: Do you think Finn will get better soon?