Chapter 4

Ariana's POV

"Dr. please cast her hand." I told Adrian.

"Sure". He answered.

She was playing with one of her toys which I gave her.

"Uncle Adrian, Ari gave me this toy and I love it soo much. She gave me this and helped me drive away the monsters under my bed. It is my favorite toy". Anna kept on talking to Adrian.

"Oh! Is it? It seems like Ari is good in driving away monsters

"Oh! Is it? It seems like Ari is good in driving away monsters. And do you know why"? Adrian asked Anna

No

"It is because Ari herself is a monster". He said

I was shocked. What the hell! Is he trying to make the kid scared of me? Jerk.

"No baby, he is playing with you. See I am your best friend right? But now he wants that position and he is trying to steal you from me. Don't believe him. Okay?" I told her

"Oh! Its ok uncle, you can be my second best friend ok?" Anna said to Adrian.

"Ok" he answered.

"So if you both are my friends, then you should also be friends with each other, right? So shake your hands and be friends right now." She ordered.

"What! No I don't want to be friends with him" I told shocked.

How can I consider my senior resident as a friend ?

"Why not Ari? You told me it is rude to speak like this right?" She said sadly.

"Oh don't be sad kiddo, I was joking. We already are friends. Right Dr.?

"Oh yes we are kiddo." Adrian told.

"Then today onwards you will call each other your names ok."

"Yes Ma'am". We mock saluted her.

She giggled and started playing.

"Ari can you pass me the water?" Anna requested.

"Its Aunt Ari for you Anna" I heard a familiar sound.

"Charlotte?" I went and hugged my best friend.

"How are you?" I asked her.

At the same time I saw Flynn entering the room.

"Hey Ariana" He called me.

I ignored him and continued talking to Charlotte. I asked her to introduce Flynn to Anna as her father. She did it with much difficulty. Flynn and Charlotte were in love when we were in high school. But one day, he just ditched her as his mother didn't like her as her financial status was low. He just left her and she became pregnant. Her parents died two months after and she was all alone in this world. She is a really strong woman. She is of my age but is still  a working single mother.

Anyways Adrian and I decided to leave them for sorting out the matters. I kissed Anna goodbye and asked Charlotte to inform me before leaving. 

"OK, anyways its break now right?" Adrian asked

"Yeah, I think so."

"Then go and eat. I don't want your brother to come and kill me ". He mocked.

I ignored his comment and waved him bye.

I found the cafeteria and found Tyler and Elena sitting with two more people. I approached them

 I approached them

"Hello guys. How was your first day?" I asked them

"It was okay." Elena answered.

"Ariana, this is Drew and Ava. Drew is a surgical intern while Ava is internal medicine." Tyler introduced others to me.

I talked to them and we decided to go and buy our food. But the food there was horrible. We all gagged after tasting it. I being the youngest one in the family always got what I want to eat when at home. Christophe is the one who cooks most of the time. Hannah taught him to do so. But now I am here eating this thing. I mentally noted to speak to dad to change the cook here.

At the same time, a one of my chauffeurs brought me a box. It had a note on it.

I know you love to eat the lunch I make, so I thought I will pack and send it to you, Love you. Hannah.

"Oh Hannah, I love you soo much". I exclaimed. I thanked James, my chauffeur and opened the box. I decided to share it with my friends as they all were suffering due to the food from cafeteria.

How is Adrian eating this crap? Oh, maybe his mother might bring food for him.

I heard an intern there speaking about my brothers.

"You know all the DeCostello brothers are hot. But the youngest own Evan is my favorite and we are dating." She spoke and I choked on my drink.

I don't even know her and she is claiming that my own brother is her boyfriend. Oh Lord, girls these days.

"Did you hear that?" Elena asked.

I started laughing. She understood that the blonde there is lying.

I thought of testing her. I along with my friends went to her table.

"Hello Ms. Are you the girlfriend of Evan DeCostello? I asked

"I am Meghan and yes he is my boyfriend." She boasted.

"Then you might  know his sister right. She is an intern here. So why isn't she in your group? Ava asked her.

"Yeah, she is my best friend and she is  bit busy that's why she is not here. She will join us after some time."

"Oh, can you introduce us to her." Drew asked

"She won't talk to low lives like you. She has a standard to keep." She spat.

I became really angry. How dare she insult my friends? I was going to charge on her but Elena stopped me. At the same time Adrian came and called me for a work.

"Dr. DeCostello, I need you to finish your food and come to my office. There is something I need to show you." He told me.

Meghan got shocked and looked down.

"For your kind information, I am Ariana DeCostello and I very well know that you are not my brother's girlfriend. So yeah, just back off and stopping telling lies about my family. If there are any low lives here, it is just you and your minions. So don't you dare insult my friends. And one more thing, Evan is not the youngest in my family. The twins and me were born after him. So bye."

Adrian who was watching the scene unfolding looked at me and smirked. He asked me to follow him. I ate my lunch and rushed to his office.

I seriously don't now what he has on his mind. I wish he won't kill me.