"When and where was it signed?"

"Last month, Tuesday, September 5th of this year. The meeting was held at 9 am."

"Is there any evidence that he was there?"

"He signed the contract there that day he came to meet with Mr.Bong." Mr.Yoon pulls out a copy of the thick contract and shows the judge where he allegedly signed.

"I see, this looks very much like the signature that he submitted when completing his court forms." The judge says, looking at the signature and back to her own documents. "The opposing side may speak now." I stand up and straighten my suit. I confidently walk to the center of the room.

"Hello your honor, I am attorney Y/L/N. Your honor, Mr. Kim was not present at this so-called 'appointment'. Mr.Yoon said he was present at the meeting at 9 am. However, my client was still in his office at 9 am." I make my way to my laptop and play a clip that is now displayed on a projection on a wall opposite of the judge. The video showed Mr.Kim entering the laundromat at 8 am and not leaving when 9 am hits. I pause the video and look at the judge.

I got them good.

I look over to our opponents and smile.

"Are there any other entrances to the laundromat that he could've gone out of?" she asks.

"No, your honor." I go to my desk and retrieve a layout of Mr.Kim's laundromat. I hand it to her and she inspects it, confirming that I was correct.

"I suppose there's nothing much more to say."

Yes, finally. Piece of cake.

"Your honor, may I speak?" Mr.Yoon interjects.

"Sure, attorney Yoon." she nods.

"Attorney Y/L/N, could you please continue the clip past 9 am."

Why?

"Sure," I say, and walk to my laptop. I play the surveillance camera and Mr.Yoon raises a hand, signaling to halt the video when it hits 10:30 am.

"You see here, Mr.Kim leaves at 10:30 am. He clearly left realizing he was late to the meeting." He responds.

I wasn't expecting that, gotta think fast.

"Mr. Yoon, you think my client would be an hour and thirty minutes late to such an important meeting like this that he allegedly attended?" I question him.

"Yes, it happens. That shows how humble Ryu inc. was when making this deal. On the contrary, Mr.Bong." Mr.Yoon calls.

"Yes," Mr.Bong answers.

"At what time did Mr.Kim arrive at the meeting?"

"Eleven fifteen AM"

"Ms.Y/L/N, please continue the video." I press play and stop when Mr.Kim returns, 11:30 am. "You see, that gives him plenty of time to return."

Why didn't Mr.Kim tell me he left at 10:30 am?

"There isn't any evidence that Mr.Kim went to Ryu inc. Unless, Mr.Yoon has footage of him entering the building?" I raise a brow and question.

Ha, how's that punk?

"Unfortunately not, the day of the meeting the cameras are getting repaired. However, my clients make two witnesses where Mr.Kim has none."

Fuck.

The judge is in deep thought and then checks her watch. She then clears her throat and speaks.